World Cup Thread?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
5. Ronaldo. He's not a team, and Portugal is still alive ... but c'mon. Watching Ronaldo on the bench, watching his team score all those goals and trying to smile? That might have been the greatest performance ever.
Thinking about the 200 mils he's going the get from the Saudis to play there must have helped him smile...

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Yep. It's the second time in a row that we fail to qualify. And the two Cups before that we went out in the first round. But, hey, in 2006 we won!

2006 ....

.... and 1934, 1938, and 1982. Not a bad run!

Still, I can't imagine what it must be like to be living in Italy and see them not qualify. Given the upcoming expansion, not likely to happen again, right?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
2006 ....

Yes, a great run. Even though seeing the images of the team in '38 making the fascist salute is disturbing...
Still, I can't imagine what it must be like to be living in Italy and see them not qualify.
Well, the disappointment has been huge for sure and many people are not following the cup. Despite this, the state television is broadcasting all the matches.

Given the upcoming expansion, not likely to happen again, right?
I hope...

Horwath

Legend
2006 ....

Still, I can't imagine what it must be like to be living in Italy and see them not qualify. Given the upcoming expansion, not likely to happen again, right?
well, expansion is from 32 to 48 teams, but UEFA only gets 16 from now current 13 places.

I think they are going to be dull and penalty shootout themselves to win the whole thing.
I do wish goalkeepers would wait for the ball to be struck.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
How Early Will Brazil Be Embarrassingly Bounced From The World Cup This Year (2022 edition)

Remove ads