World of Warcraft Collectible Minis Game announced

xnrdcorex

First Post
http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/wowmini/en/

There a link to the official page.

It was just announced on the WoW intro screen as well as on upper deck's website.

No scale is presented on either though. By scale I mean, will the minis be in a 1-inch scale usable for role playing games that (like most people use) play with a 1 inch squared battle mat.

Does anyone know if any further information has been leaked?

I care mostly about the scale of the minis, so d&d usage.

Kunimatyu

First Post
greatamericanfolkher said:
Mostly separate, a couple of friends and I split a case, and I bought the rest from a few FLGS in the area. Honestly the only time I’ve bought DDMs after that was a beholder from ebay. I use them for d&d, so the random thing was really annoying.

It's a little late, I know, but if you pulled most of those T-Rexes in the FLGS's it's highly likely you were taken advantage of -- since all Giants of Legend cases had a fixed number of rares, unscrupulous retailers would open packs until they pulled all of the rares, sell those as singles, then put the huge uncommon booster boxes up on the shelves. You could also have been extraordinarily unlucky, but if you've seen shady behavior in those LGSes before, just a heads up.

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
The orc mini looks great. I wonder if it is a production mini or paint master?

I have heard that they are 48MM and that the price is about $15 for three (but this was told to me as third hand unconfirmed info).

If that is a production mini then the higher price will not surprise me but again this is totally unconfirmed.

Orius

Legend
Doesn't look too bad, kind of reminiscent of Warhammer's style.

And I don't care about WoW or this mini game, but I'd certainly use them for D&D if the scale is close enough (I'm not really all that picky about scale).

Testament

First Post
I'm more interested in the fact that they mention an Onyxia. I wanna know just how freakin' big she's gonna be.

She'll make a better Gargantuan or Colossal Dragon than the Bass Dragon and the Begging Red.

frankthedm

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
The orc mini looks great. I wonder if it is a production mini or paint master?

I have heard that they are 48MM and that the price is about $15 for three (but this was told to me as third hand unconfirmed info).
paint master is what would make sense.

Size wise, I heard 48mm from an employee at a chain game store, however someone else I speak with at Games Plus said he saw the fig in person on a 30mm base.

Remove ads