World of Warcraft Collectible Minis Game announced

sniffles

First Post
Didn't somebody do some WoW minis already? Not CMG, just some generic character minis.

And what about Reaper's Legendary Encounters? Don't they count as competition for DDM?

I hope the WoW minis are of a scale suitable for use in RPGs. My friends and I like a big variety. We use some DDM, some Reaper, some HeroClix and MageKnight stuff rebased, even a little Dreamblade if it's not too far out of scale.

sniffles said:
And what about Reaper's Legendary Encounters? Don't they count as competition for DDM?
Considering the limited selection, I'd say no. I have a few myself, and they're very cool 4wesome, but they're really not in the same category.

Twowolves

Explorer
Regarding Reaper's Legendary Encounters line, the first wave has been re-released, including 3 packs of orcs and skelies, and some have revamped paint jobs. Specifically, the skeletal swordsmen have red shields with a black chevron.

Their upcoming releases look pretty darn good. Not sure how many of those production masters will make it into the next set, but at one time they had side by side comparisons of their first wave masters and final products, and if the new figs measure up to that quality of reproduction, the new figures will be incredible.

kenobi65

First Post
sniffles said:

From the standpoint of prepainted minis for use by RPGers, yeah. Even then, their selection is still very small.

From the standpoint of a full miniatures game, no.

Remove ads