WotC World Reveal of Baldur’s Gate 3 Gameplay at PAX!

dave2008

Legend
Unless they can make a D&D movie as good or better than Willow there is no point trying. :p;)
I certainly hope they can make one that is better. Not that Willow is bad, I quite like it, but I feel a D&D movie could be so much more. Of course, so could so many movies that simply don't deliver on good ideas / material. I guess it is not just D&D movies that are hard to make, but movies in general.

Last edited:

gyor

Legend
BTW that yet they are building for it looks amazing, it most have cost them a fortune. I also know Journalists are doing interviews with Larian now, but they likely won't be released until after the announcement.

So I'm really looking forward to both the 21st (WotC/Hasbro share their plans for more computer games, likely some new announcements), and the 27th (BG3 live stream from pax including game play and Q&A, a new episode of ST: Picard and Season 2 of Altered Carbon).

dave2008

Legend
I am pretty sure the cinematic trailers and story sequences are out sourced to companies that specialize in that, not made by the game team.
I realize that. To clarify, I wasn't suggesting the people who made this game should make a D&D movie, I was suggesting WotC / Hasbro needs to get moving on a quality D&D movie.

Quickleaf

Legend
baWtKKs.png

For folks unable to watch the video.

gyor

Legend
watches trailer

I would like to reiterate my comparison to Star Wars. This is big-budget stuff, at least by D&D game standards.

Even if the game turns out a failure, it will be a gorgeous failure. And if it's a success, it will be epic.

Star Wars sucks, if you want to compare it to Sci-Fi franchises Star Trek, Stargate, Andromeda, Altered Carbon, Galaxy Quest, the Orville, are all better then Star Wars by far. Except Baby Yoda who is too good for Star Wars.

Remove ads