Worst Boxed Text EVER.

Numion

First Post
Some of the 2nd ed adventures started with a boxed text that was friggin one and a half pages long! I thought that was pretty terrible ..

I game in finnish though, so the boxed texts aren't that important.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Crothian said:
Ya, the Forest Oracle discussions. :D

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=148566

Simplicity won that thread on the first page.

Simplicity said:
A group of men head by. They are not tarrying or running. Nor are they singing. They don't seem to be making apple pies. As far as you can tell, they're not talking about sports. They neither have sombreros nor stilts. These men are not acrobats. They have no expression as they don't dally to the west.

:D:):D

tahsin

First Post
Take this!

As you step through the dungeon door, the smell of a dungeon greets you. Many many years must have gone by without anything entering this dungeon. Ahead, a dark corridor greets you which darkvision shows to hold cobwebs and skeletons. There are also torches lit in sconces in the dungeon hall. At the end of the 50' dungeon hall is a fair elven maiden chained to the wall. It looks like she is a 13th level paladin. She has red horns growing from her head. She greets you: "Well met. Rescue me and I shall join thee."

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
she looks like a 13th-level paladin? specifically? is she wearing rank bars like in the military?

hafrogman

Adventurer
I'm thinking more that if she's got blood red horns growing out of her head she looks a LOT more like a level 13 blackguard.

JonMonster

First Post
This room is approximately 32.5 feet long and 46.2 feet wide. It is filled with an oddly assorted collection of sundries like crates and barrels and other broken things. A large broken stone fireplace is on one side of the room, the floor of it is covered with a thick layer of ash that has gem-sized lumps buried withinit. As you enter, a permanent darkness spell makes your light source wink out so that you can't see anything.

hafrogman

Adventurer
My person favorite part is the way in which they prioritize the information.

DM:
You enter a large chamber, roughly 50' square lit by a brazier in the center. Lines of columns stand near the east and west walls, casting shadowy pools of darkness. The floor is tiled in a mosaic, broken in places but clearly depicting a great hero of a long forgotten people. High above the floor, the ceiling is festooned with curtains, faded but still intact. On the north wall there are two doors in the corners of heavy oaken construction, with brass fillegre around the handles. Inbetween them hangs a great tapestry depicting the same hero from the floor mosaic, but this time engaged in a great battle against an opposing army.

Players:
Let's take a closer look at the tapestry.

DM:
Hold on, I wasn't finished.
Standing around the brazier you see a dozen orcs wielding crude weaponry and roasting meat over the fire. Their leader looks up at your entrance and barks some orders.
Roll initiative.

Remove ads