• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst Character Name

Tsyr

Explorer
Worst intentional name?

Probably the dwarven Psionist a friend made around the same time the psi hb came out...

Death Monkey.

Worst unintentional? Well, a friend of mine has always had a bad time thinking up char names... one time, ina pinch, the DM asked him "Hey Dylan, what's your char name? I need it." "Oh... Umm... Bob for now, I guess..."

Henceforth, his character was called Bobfornow.

Kinda funny, really.

Ace

Adventurer
For me
Quarog Ogax: Runequest Storm Bull Initiate.

I couldn't think of a decent name so it %dice/4 ignoring x for the first letters

KnowTheToe

First Post
Calaphile. I thought it sounded kinda cool until the other players started referring to him as Pedophile.

His new name is AnDurin.

Valorian

First Post
I've got two:

The first is Swon.... doesn't sound so bad, right, but the character didn't come up w/ it, but after the second game we played and he stilled referered to his character as S.(still) W.(with) O.(out) N.(name).... we just shortened it for him. :)

BTW: He's been playing that character for 3+ years (the character has been converted to 3e)

Another person who wouldn't come up with a name in a Space Master Campaign (w/ somewhat greek overtones), got christened
"Felonious E. Coli"... the name didn't really stick, but boy did we get a chucke out of it.

Beware: Come prepared w/ character names or else!

Imperialus

Explorer
Worst intentional, was one time when me and a buddy dusted off Keep on the Boarderlands to play some basic D&D... I couldn't think of a name for a character so I fliped through the basic rule book untill I came across one of the sample character sheets with the character name filled in as Borg... I named my dwarf Borg the Dwarf.

Worst unintentioal was in a game of Shadowrun where we were doing character introductions and this one player said his characters name was "Irrelivant". I naturally took this to mean he wanted his street name to be irrelivant and started calling him that... It kinda pissed him off especially after the concept of street names was explained to him and he decided to be called something stupid like "Doctor Doom" or something but we just kept calling him Irrelivant.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads