D&D General Worst phrasing for a wish?

aco175

Legend
Homer Simpson "monkey paw', he ended up with a ham sandwich after his first couple wishes went poorly.

I also saw the one below but I think it was a commercial where someone climbed a mountain to the wise man.

"Can you really grant a wish?" Really?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Once in a while a PC will pick up a wish in my game, be it from a Luckblade or a wild magic effect or whatever, and not realize it; which has led to some rather bizarre events over time.

Character deep in a dungeon somewhere, pining for the comforts of town "I wish I had a feather bed." >poof< Very nice 4-poster feather bed appears, much to everyone's surprise, and far too big to fit out of the door to the room it's in....

All-Human-and-Elf party finds a cave too small for any of them to fit into. One character turns to another: "I wish you were a Hobbit so you could fit in here." >poof< character turns to a Hobbit. But her armour and other gear is still all Human-size....

And I once had a player actually try, this time with a wish she knew she had, the "I wish there was no evil in the world" trick. >poof< As the PC was a Good Cleric he was simply planeshifted to his deity's home plane where there is no evil....

Richards

Legend
I remember hearing about a PC party getting their hands on a deck of many things. One PC pulled a card that ended up with him losing every single material possession...fortunately, he had one more draw left in the deck and he ended up getting a wish.

"I wish for all of my sh*t back," he said. And was surprised when a lifetime's worth of fecal matter suddenly reappeared, burying him alive and suffocating him in his own wastes.

Johnathan

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases