• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 1

Tay-Dor

First Post
Lord Tomas just follows, not really getting a chance to say or do anything...

[OOC: I'm loving this game, but I'm feeling very fustrated by the fact that everyone is able to post about 20 times faster than I. It makes it very hard to play my character...who would have spoken up and "ordered" the return to the INn before Shalimar assumed command. That posting that we're at the inn before I've even had a chance to react to the end of the fight...]

[OOC: Tay dor, why can't you keep up posting? Were you not on line when every one else was? slow connection to the net, slow typing? Any way what ever the hold up, let us know maybe we can find a way to help out. The other thing is were still on the way back to the inn, a perfect time for intro's, conversation with any of the people you already know, Just through out what ever is on your characters mind. Keep in mind the situation we're in when you do, but give us hell if thats what you want. If it's typing i'll tellyou what i'm horrible at it, and the only reason I'm able to catcheveryone when things start rollin is becuase i'm on the boards about 12 hours a day. hope we can help you out. I'd also like to say i'm really enjoying the game and all you guys characters too.]

drothgery

First Post
[ooc: Guys, I never have more than one significant update per day, because I want to know what you all are doing before I write anything. As players, you can suggest going somewhere else, and even start walking/running in that direction, but you can't actually be back at the inn until I write the next segment. Which won't be until tonight.]

dscrank

First Post
Pedron

He grunts at Jain's joke, hoping he takes it for amusement. Every single one of these people is trying to take charge. Pedron doesn't particularly care who runs things, as long as no one tries to order him around. The last person to do that was his uncle, who had always acted with Pedron's best interests at heart, so he claimed. The young thief has no intention of falling into that trap again.

[OOC: Judging from Tay-Dor's previous e-mails, he's at work during what are prime posting hours for the rest of us, and he doesn't post from work (good for him, showing a little discipline--that, or a good company filter on the Internet). It'd be good if we can find a posting time that would work for all of us, but I don't know when that would be. Maybe if Dave waited until morning to post the results from the previous day? Do the legwork the night before--have a cut-off time around 9 pacific to give him enough time to resolve fights and all--but wait until morning to post? Just a thought.]

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
The Social Ladder

1. Lord Tomas – Tairen Noble, Cha 17 Diplomacy +7, Intimidation +6,
  2. Ashrem – Ebou Dari Wanderer (Wilder), Cha 14 Diplomacy +7, Intimidation +8,
  3. Sersei – Domani Inititate, Cha 14 Diplomacy +6, Intimidation +2,
  4. Shalimar – Shienerian Initiate, Cha 12 Diplomacy +5, Intimidation +5,
  5. Jain – Baerloner Wanderer, Cha 14, Diplomacy +3, Intimidation +2,
  6. Yuri – Kandori Armsman, Cha 10 Diplomacy +0, Intimidation +4,
  7. Pedron – Midlander Wanderer, Cha 10 Diplomacy +0, Intimidation +0,
    [/list=1]

OOC: I compiled the above list so that we can get a good idea of a social order. It seems everybody wants to be the leader.

I put Lord Tomas at the top because, while Ashrem's social stats are a tad better, his background and attitude lends Tomas more naturally to a leadership role. Ashrem has a very strong personality, but doesn't want the responsibility of being a leader.

Remember, some of these characters are very persuasive and naturally give off an aura of leadership (Tomas and Sersei) or intimidation (Ashrem, Shalimar and Yuri when he flexes his muscles ;)).

Just something to consider. :)

dscrank

First Post
Leadership position

[OOC: What's the DC for intimidation based on, anyway? Or is it an opposed roll against sense motive? As I said in character, Pedron doesn't care who takes charge, as long as he's not expected to take orders. That doesn't mean he can't be convinced or intimidated, but he's not about to trust someone to lead. As you'll note from his background, Pedron has definite trust issues.]

Valkys

First Post
OOC: Please note Sirsei's Seductive feat. With regards to the men of the group(and most of you are;)), that gives her a +9 Diplomacy.

And I don't know how Intimidate(or Diplomacy) works here, but I use a system like the Star Wars RPG Empathy skill, where the roll of the Intimidator determines the DC for the save of the Intimidated. Of course, I guess an opposed check is pretty much the same deal.

Going on a Road Trip to Savannah. See y'all Sunday evening.

Last edited:

[OOC: I don't refute that as far as skills that order is correct, but the ability to negotiate and sweet talk people and the ability to bully people don't nessasarly denote the best" party leader". There are several factors in volved other than charsima and skills.
I don't nessasrily think we need to have a designated leader anyway, at the very least we don't need to worry about one yet, we're baerly a group to lead so far. Maybe once things gel a little more we'll want one, i don't know. As far as I'm concerned, Jain doesn't nessasrily want to lead anything, when he spoken up before it's becuase thats what he thought was nessasary, not becuase he wants to be in charge. I think Jains a pretty independent guy, he's spent a lot of time wandering the world ansewering to only himself. Basically i have a mental picture of his motivatioons and what not, and i try to act on them and roleplay as best i can. If seems everyones standing still in a situation where Jain would think we should be running, he'll try to get everyone moving, party leader or no party leader. As i stated before though, i do think everyones roleplay is top notch,in fact i've been continuosly tring harder and harder just to keep up. I'd hate to see artifical structures get impossed, and have that get in the way of roleplay.

Whoops,didn't mean to go on that long. Dave, should we post ooc discusion some where else to keep the game thread unclutered?}

drothgery

First Post
Re: Leadership position

dscrank said:
[OOC: What's the DC for intimidation based on, anyway? Or is it an opposed roll against sense motive? As I said in character, Pedron doesn't care who takes charge, as long as he's not expected to take orders. That doesn't mean he can't be convinced or intimidated, but he's not about to trust someone to lead. As you'll note from his background, Pedron has definite trust issues.]

10 + the level/HD of whoever/whatever you're trying to intimidate, +/- circumstance modifiers. And in certain circumstances, it may not be possible to intimidate a person or intelligent shadowspawn. For example, reason doesn't work very well with hungry trollocs, and even if it did, most do not speak common.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Valkys said:
OOC: Please note Sirsei's Seductive feat. With regards to the men of the group(and most of you are;)), that gives her a +9 Diplomacy.

And I don't know how Intimidate(or Diplomacy) works here, but I use a system like the Star Wars RPG Empathy skill, where the roll of the Intimidator determines the DC for the save of the Intimidated. Of course, I guess an opposed check is pretty much the same deal.

Going on a Road Trip to Savannah. See y'all Sunday evening.

Yep, I missed that. Thanks Valkys.

Enjoy your trip.

Remove ads