• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 1

dscrank

First Post
Pedron

Pedron turns a bit green at the soldier's words. They took her for food? Pedron shakes his head. He may not know much about Trollocs, but he knows something of how the criminal mind works. You always pick the easiest mark with the biggest take. "So you're saying they came into the city, to a crowded inn, for a snack?" Pedron realizes he's speaking too loudly and drops his voice. "Is she even big enough for a full meal? That doesn't make any sense. It'd be much easier to snatch someone from the farms outside the city."

As Pedron notices the others starting to head back towards the city, he joins in, taking the child in hand if necessary. He frowns at the young woman's words. Not Aes Sedai? He tries to figure out whether she actually denied it in that confused tangle of words, still uncertain. She, or maybe both of them, had used the One Power. If they weren't Aes Sedai, what were they?

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Re: Jain Hadlin

Sir Osis of Liver said:
[OOC: any chance to find those daggers? I'm also sure your dice are very nice, pretty, good dice. I was being very unfair to them, and i'm sorry.]

Jain has little difficulty finding his daggers, stuck in the ground a few feet from the charred remains of the trolloc he threw them at.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Ashrem mearly looks at Sirsei as she kneels beside him, but manages a weak smile as she quickly withdraws in disgust.

"You....women use the...One Power. If not .... Aes Sedai, what are you?", he asked, his confusion and reluctance clear.

Ashrem was the last to leave the sight of the battle. He stared deep into the dead trolloc's human eyes. "Why are you here?" he whispered to it. The dead trolloc did not answer.

He didn't expect it to, but he intended to find an answer and he knew it would lie somewhere other than in a dead trolloc's eyes.

Rising, he looked around for any sign of more trollocs or anything else out of the ordinary. [OOC: Spot? Search?]

Satisfied with what he saw, he reluctantly began toward the inn. Lost in thought he wondered what to do next. Perhaps Yuri would accompany him to Illian. Perhaps he would stay in Caemlyn a few more days to see what he could dig up. The Wheel spins the Pattern in strange directions.

After escaping the Aes Sedai and the Whitecloaks, Ashrem had found himself in Caemlyn where he intended to rest before going south to Illian. By coincidence alone he found a borderlander also planning to travel to Illian and two women capable of wielding the One Power. And on top of it all, he was attacked by trollocs.

He was not sure which of the last two was worse.

Blood and ashes! What have I gotten myself into?!

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
Rising, he looked around for any sign of more trollocs or anything else out of the ordinary. [OOC: Spot? Search?]

Other than the people you're with, and the corpses of the trollocs, you don't see anything out of the ordinary here.

Jain Hadlin

[OOC: on the walk back to the inn i'll try to confort the child as much as possible. i'll also try to find out her name and where her parents are, if she knows anyway, i don't pushher too hard though she's obviously been through a lot. Diplomacy check apply here?]

Valkys

First Post
Sirsei smiles at Ashrem and winks, "Stick around and find out. But I promise, we aren't Aes Sedai."

Sirsei looks at the little girl momentarily, giving her a smile, then turns her attention to Jain as she stands up. She glares at him(I have no intention of using an intimidate check on him), speaking slowly and evenly, "If you want the fire put out, do it yourself, in the appropriate manner. Or you may make a request, but you will not give me orders. This is a unique opportunity to study a trolloc. I will do so if it is my will to do so. There are certain people about who may give me orders and curb my will, but you aren't among them. Now kindly keep your mouth shut with regards to what I should and should not do."

"Considering how and with what men think, it would be better if Shalimar and I gave the orders from now when it is in an area of our expertise. Let Shalimar give the advice about who needs help when and how." She crosses her arms under her breasts and shakes her head, "Men!"

Sirsei walks in the middle of the group however it forms. She's not going to take the lead, not when there might be more trollocs about, and she doesn't want to risk being the last one in line either. She'll walk next to Shalimar if it's convenient.

dscrank

First Post
Pedron

Coming to the conclusion that it would look suspicious not to, Pedron introduces himself. "So do you people go around fighting Trollocs all the time? My name's Pedron, by the way."

Jain Hadlin

"A pleasure to meet you, Pedron. I'm Jain Hadlin, Lord of womenly scorn!" Jain tips his head quiky and grins.

Flamen' women, try save us all from an untimly demise and what do i get! A lecture on not talking sense, because I'm not a bloody woman!

Enforcer

Explorer
Yuri runs his fingers across the unmarked skin where the wound used to be, shivering from the Healing. Amazing.

"Thank you Shalimar. I do try my best not to get hit by Trollocs..." Light! I wish I could take several minutes to kill a Trolloc by setting it on fire...that's much better than simply killing the bloody thing...
"Next time I can hopefully have my armor." Yuri shrugs, he had a worse blow when he was fifteen. He is tired, but he can still walk fine. A night's rest and he'll be good as new. "Let's just bring the girl back to her family. If she's too scared to walk, I'll carry her."

"Your area of expertise, eh Sirsei? I hope you read some good books." Expertise! Ha! I slew two of the three Trollocs, with help from Tomas. Where was her expertise there?

Last edited:

I do not remember it taking this long to get to the trollocs, so why aren't we there yet? Is that a trolloc over there? no your just jumping at shadows theres the inn's light right ahead, or is it something else? When we get back I must see to getting this girl back to her family. They must be almost as scared as she is. Maybe someone at the inn would know... hmm, We will have to see.

She smiles as she walks towards what she believes to be the Inn, quickening her step anticipating a heros welcome. Upon hearing Yuri insult Sirsei she turns and looks at him and shakes her head.

"I would at least expect You to be polite Yuri." she said dissapointmrnt in her voice.

Careful not to show what she was doing she used a very thin flow of air to just flick his ear. She was careful to do it as she was turning away from him.

There we go, an annoyance for THE annoyance. Imagine the gall, insulting Sersei.

Finally she released the source, too tired to hold on to it anymore.

I shouldn't have held it this long but its so hard to let go. I think I have done too much, I am more exhausted than Yuri looks. I think if a dead fly popped out I would not be able to channel enough to kill it. I think I could sleep for a week I am so exhausted.

Last edited:

Remove ads