• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 1

Enforcer

Explorer
Re: Tairen Courage

Tay-Dor said:
"Stay back, M'Lady," Lord Tomas addresses to Shalimar. "We shall endeavor to keep you safe from these creatures." Why the fool woman had to follow us is beyond me. She'll just get in the way and endanger us all.

Lord Tomas draws his longsword again. Wish I had my shield... He watches Ashrem's attack. Then Lord Tomas steps foward to engage the one holding the sack, feeling that it's encumbrance might make it an easier target for his martial training. As he steps forward, he says, "Master Yuri, take the other one." The Borderlander should be in his element and should be okay on his own against one.

Yuri still does as I describe above...he's not about to take battle advice from a man whose legs are probably skinnier than Yuri's forearms (Str 15 v. Str 10), and who has never seen, much less fought Trollocs. [Not to be rude, Tay-dor :)]

Last edited:

Tay-Dor

First Post
Re: Re: Tairen Courage

Enforcer said:

Yuri still does as I describe above...he's not about to take battle advice from a man whose legs are probably skinnier than Yuri's forearms (Str 15 v. Str 10), and who has never seen, much less fought Trollocs. [Not to be rude, Tay-dor :)]

[ooc: Well..if your combat-experienced warrior wants to be foolish and ignore sound advice, be my guest. But if you'll recall, the skinny charismatic guy with no armor did more damage to the first trolloc than you did. :p nyah nyah...hehehe...]

drothgery

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Tairen Courage

Tay-Dor said:

[ooc: Well..if your combat-experienced warrior wants to be foolish and ignore sound advice, be my guest. But if you'll recall, the skinny charismatic guy with no armor did more damage to the first trolloc than you did. :p nyah nyah...hehehe...]

No he didn't. Yuri did 4 damage in his first attack and 11 in his second attack (rather more than was needed to kill the trolloc); Tomas did 8 in his first and only attack.

Enforcer

Explorer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Tairen Courage

drothgery said:

No he didn't. Yuri did 4 damage in his first attack and 11 in his second attack (rather more than was needed to kill the trolloc); Tomas did 8 in his first and only attack.

[ooc: Ha ha! You can't even do 11 damage, even with a Warder's sword! :p That's all right though, you can school Yuri when social graces and brains are required--and given that I don't think Lila is out of the picture, that might be soon.]

[ooc: Ha ha! You can't even do 11 damage, even with a Warder's sword! That's all right though, you can school Yuri when social graces and brains are required--and given that I don't think Lila is out of the picture, that might be soon.]

OOC: What am I chop Liver?

Enforcer

Explorer
Shalimar Shiawase said:

OOC: What am I chop Liver?

[ooc: No, just someone that Yuri hopes will be moving on after this is all over...no need to have a living reminder of Tasha hanging around, much less two. And if you stay, you and Tomas can duke it out when it comes to social graces, while Yuri uses his move silently to get the hell out of there. :)]:

drothgery

First Post
The trolloc with the sack <trolloc 1> steps forward to meet Yuri and Tomas, who were moving to opposite sides of it. This time, the borderlander was not able to avoid the huge, scythe-like sword<8 pts of damage; ouch!>. Yuri truly wished he had not left his armor back at the inn.

Lord Tomas took advantage of the opening. There was no honor in stabbing a man in the back, but this wasn't a man, so the young noble had no such concerns.<8 pts of damage to the trolloc>.

Neither of the trollocs noticed Pedron creeping around behind them. It seemed that the trollocs were no better at noticing him than his uncle's guests were.

Yuri gritted his teeth and slashed; his Warder's sword found a flaw in the trolloc's crude armor, and the beast fell dead <critical hit, 19 damage>, dropping the sack. Another human cry went out as the sack hit the ground, but a child's hand reached out of the top of it.

Seeing any chance at a snack gone, the second trolloc turned to run. But the trolloc stumbled as its legs were trapped in Shalimar's Harden Air weave. Despite the trolloc being immobilized, Jain's daggers missed terribly<rolled two 1s>.

When Sirsei wove Create Fire to place a flame in the trollocs eyes, she shouted for the others to back off <because if she and Shalimar mainted their weaves for a few more rounds, the Trolloc would die, and there was nothing it could do about it>. It was clear the trolloc wanted to run, but something was stopping him, and equally clear that that fire had appeared out of nowhere.

Pedron was the first to the sack, helping a young girl, about six years old, step out.

[ooc: If you're wondering about the third trolloc -- it was planning on ambushing the others as soon as the fighting started. But when Yuri and Tomas killed the first one in a round and lost their snack, it decided that it wanted no part of fighting you.]

Last edited:

Jain Hadlin

DUUUR! well that was just a bloody fantastic display Jain! You got the comentary right to bad you throw like a blind grandmother with arthritis!

"Is the girl Alright? Let me take a look I'm a medic." Jain looks a bit down trodden.

well it was dark hopefully non of the "heroes" saw my lip wristed throwing style.

" And would one of you ladies or gentalmen help me find the daggers i.....acidently dropped, they were a gift."

Jain goes over to the girl to check her condition.

[OOC: well, it's official Dave's dice hate me! Darn neer last in both intiatives, double one's on my attack rolls, yep I'm gonna die. Heal check if the little girls hurt, not that dave's evil dice will let me do anything.]

Enforcer

Explorer
[ooc: I may have gotten hit pretty hard, but I murdered that stupid Trolloc! 19 points of damage, hehe! Dave, would my armor have made a difference--did he just barely hit me?]

Yuri wipes Trolloc blood off his blade and grips his wound with his left hand. He looks to Shalimar and Sirsei.

"Shalimar, Sirsei, can one of you heal me please? After you tend to the child, of course--I can still stand." Barely! At least I gave better than I got...I damn near sliced all the way from its waist to its face! Blood and ashes, it hurts though.

Remove ads