• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 4

drothgery

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:

Light! I don't want her able to find me! Thinking quickly he turned to Shalimar and Lila. "I don't think it would work. He foiled your ability to track the coin, why couldn't he do the same with the sword?"

"Besides, why would he want the sword anyway? It's not worth that much is it? I believe there is more to this than petty theft."

"Remember, he led you all to the guards. He didn't even know I and Jain were around. If he was after my sword, why wouldn't he have asked for me before you all left? He obviously didn't know me, or he intended to leave me without help to defend myself. Though noone mentioned anyone coming back to the inn to look for me."

He shrugged and sheathed the sword. "There must be more to it."

"That blade could tell a tale more than three thousand years long. No Aes Sedai has made a weapon with the Power since the Breaking." The Aes Sedai said. "Few who knew what it was would sell it. It lacks a heron-mark, but it is easily worth 200 crowns, if not more."

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Shalimar Shiawase said:
pausing thoughtfuly before speaking again, "Lila Sedai, can you put a weave on the sword to allow you to trace it in case the beggar tries again? Like the trace you put on the coin?"

"I cannot Trace a coin, or anything else that is not alive. But the weave is more effective if they have a gift from the one who wove it. That was why I gave you and Sirsei each a coin on the way here." Lila says. "I should have been able to Trace him, even without the coin; not even an Aiel could run all that far in half a minute. There is something very strange in that."

Jain Hadlin

"As I've attexted that beggar was very fast." Jain frowns and steps in to a corner, leaning against the wall.

"There is something wierd going on, and Ashrem's right about us not being in the group lead to the ambush. Unless he somehow knew we were following."

drothgery

First Post
Re: Yuri Morotakai

Enforcer said:
[ooc: Damn! Power-wrought sword! This Kandori wishes his player spent more effort on his equipment...]

OOC: If Ash were an armsman, I would have used something different. But with Yuri the only character who can hold his own in a straight-up fight when my dice aren't bouncing funny (hence, Tomas' surprising combat prowess and Ash and Jain's surprising ineptness), I don't think its a big deal.

Enforcer

Explorer
Re: Re: Yuri Morotakai

drothgery said:

OOC: If Ash were an armsman, I would have used something different. But with Yuri the only character who can hold his own in a straight-up fight when my dice aren't bouncing funny (hence, Tomas' surprising combat prowess and Ash and Jain's surprising ineptness), I don't think its a big deal.

For the record, I don't think it's a big deal either...I was just joking...

Sagging when Yuri dismisses her apology, Shalimar will sigh and shake her head softly.

I am being unfair to Yuri. If I am going to treat him differently because of what happened, its only fair to let him know why. I feel like a complete Goose walking on egg shells. He should know. Its only fair, and it will make him understand what happened to Tasha.

"Yuri, come to my room after... after we are finished here, I have something to show you." she says looking even more tired.

"Is there anything you can think of Lila Sedai that will help us find him? Or let us get back to the original purpouse for this journey, whatever that maybe?"

Jain Hadlin

"Shalimar makes a good point, since we seem to have gotten wrapped up with your little outing can you tell us why the three of you are out of the tower, Lila Sedai?"

"Jain, why we are out of the Tower is none of your business. It was quite rude of you to askI am sure if Lila Sedai wanted you to know she would have told you." She says with a glare at him.

Besides if she never told us, it wouldn't be right to let the boys know, it is none of their business afterall the tower need not report its doings. I do wish she would tell me and Sirsei though, its not fair to bring us as help and not tell us how to help

drothgery

First Post
Shalimar Shiawase said:
"Jain, why we are out of the Tower is none of your business. It was quite rude of you to askI am sure if Lila Sedai wanted you to know she would have told you." She says with a glare at him.

"I keep fewer secrets than many Aes Sedai," Lila says, "But you will learn why I am in Caemlyn when -- and if -- you need to know, and not before."

And since only Jesse Bilal knows all of why I am here -- if Sheriam or the Amyrlin knew everything, either might not have let me take the girls -- the girls will not know until they need to, and these men will not learn at all if I can help it. The Kandori might be trustworthy enough, but the others? I think not.

Jain Hadlin, about to anger more people

"Secrets are dangerous things, Lila Sedai. This whole debacle may be because of yours, thats why i asked. Honostly, i don't care if you share or not, so long as it doesn't put my friends in danger."

Jain doesn't move his tone is somber, and he's still frowning.

I don't know who's after us, why they're after us, what this bloody woman is about, any of it and that makes me nervous. I don't like any of this one bit, and if that flamein woman gets those girls hurt things will be getting nasty!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads