• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 4

dscrank

First Post
Pedron hands one of the Andoran coins to Shalimar. "They're all either Andoran or Murandian."

[Dave, did Pedron recognize the beggar's accent?]

Shalimar blinks then sitst up suddenly, looking from Lila Sedai to the sword.

"Lila Sedai, do you think that sword was made with the power? As you said it is rather unuasual, and well an object made with the power would definitely qualify as valuable."

If it is, then that sword is worth alot more then anyone would think. Even I would like such a sword. If it is, then I hope Lila Sedai doesn't take it. It would be unfair to Ashrem, even though all objects of the power do belong to the tower.

Valkys

First Post
Sirsei's eyebrows rise in surprise at Lila's comment, "Lila Sedai, are you suggesting that Ashrem's sword is, well, Power-wrought? Is there some way to tell if it is? A weave perhaps? I don't sense anything from it."

She eyes the sword speculatively. It looks almost as if she wants to grab it, take it upstairs and study it. She looks at Ashrem, a glint in her eyes, "May I see your sword, Ashrem? I'd be most interested to, umm, test it. It seems there should be some way to be certain of its origins."

She glances at Lila, "His sword should be unbreakable, correct? If it does break, then..." She stops with a sigh, "Then we know it isn't what we think, but then, Ashrem loses a sword that belonged to his brother. Bah. Lila Sedai, do you know another way to test the hypothesis?"

Enforcer

Explorer
Yuri Morotakai

Yuri methodically removes the chain shirt from the thug nearest his size. After he wipes off the blood, he smiles, and dons his new armor.

"I actually kind of hope I get into another fight now. At least I have some protection. If only my suit of studded leather didn't look fresh from a smithy..."

Yuri winces.

"You know I'm kidding Shalimar, right?"

[ooc: Paying for the armsman's new stuff would benefit all of us. Yuri would greatly enjoy both a masterpiece Warder's sword and a masterpiece chain shirt. Yes...that's right...it benefits all of us...yeeessss....]

Jain Hadlin

"As rare as a power wrought sword is, do you really think it's worth the trouble, the guy was trailing us for a while and then all the money he gave those thugs. Why dress like a beggar when you got all that money? Why not just try to steal Ashrem's sword instead of trying to take everything we have? There are more questions than we have ansewers. Can we start with the sword?
Lila Sedai is there anyway to find out if the sword is special?"

Caught up in wonder over the sword Shalimar doesn't really listen to Yuri.

"Thats nice love, just play nice and stay out of trouble." She says patting him on the shoulder not really paying attention to him. Realizing what she said she blushes.

I really slipped that time, I hope everyone missed it

[Knowledge check about power wrought blades] "Surely Sirsei is right, there must be a way to check short of breaking it, that wouldn't be very efficient." she says quckly to cover her blush.

drothgery

First Post
Valkys said:
She glances at Lila, "His sword should be unbreakable, correct? If it does break, then..." She stops with a sigh, "Then we know it isn't what we think, but then, Ashrem loses a sword that belonged to his brother. Bah. Lila Sedai, do you know another way to test the hypothesis?"

"Not easily breakable, Sirsei. You could still destroy a Power-wrought sword with Fire; they are very difficult to damage -- nearly impossible to damage in normal use -- but they are not cuendillar." Lila said. "But Ashrem just used that blade against an armored man. Especially if he also used that sword against the Trollocs last night, there should be at least a little wear on the blade."

Valkys

First Post
Sirsei snaps her fingers, "Right. Had my facts muddled. Well, Ashrem, show us the blade. And... may I ask, have you ever noticed that it needed to be sharpened?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads