• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WoT Adventure] Turn 4

dscrank

First Post
Since Shalimar seems to have forgotten about the coins, Pedron quickly pockets the four remaining ones. He wonders idly how he can get the other one back from Shalimar, but decides to let her keep it. After all, she kept him from becoming a killer today.

Pedron looks at the sword with curiosity. He never thought it looked like an ordinary rapier. From the way Ash handled it, it might be light enough, but it's too wide for a rapier and it has an edge as well as a point. I wonder how much a Power-wrought blade is worth. I also wonder what a Lugarder beggar is doing in Caemlyn. Only he can't be a beggar, not and have twenty crowns to pay to ruffians. So why does he look like one?

Holding the Andoran and Murandian crowns in her palm she will bounce them once before pocketing them, while looking at Yuri who seems awfully quiet.

"Yuri, I am sorry I shouldn't have ignored you and said play nice, that was rude. Can you forgive me?" She emphasized that last very heavily, like it meant something more to her then what others might hear in it. She watches him intently twirling a few strands of her hair absently with her fingertips.

Tay-Dor

First Post
Lord Tomas also appropriates a chain shirt and makes sure it is cleaned before use. Durring the discussion, he sits quietly, too annoyed at Jain, and the fact that the Guards wouldn't believe him until they spoke with Lila.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Ashrem stood there silently. Frowning and glancing at his sword as the other's talked. Finally he spoke. "First of all, we will not be breaking it." He unsheathed the blade and held it out to examine it. "I never knew where Dinnis got it. It just came back to the familiy after his death. I took it when I left home."

Holding the sword out, he studied the blade, looking for dents and etches in the metal.

[OOC: Dang, I go to sleep and everyone is posting like crazy.

Dave, are there any nicks or scratches in the blade?]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
Ashrem stood there silently. Frowning and glancing at his sword as the other's talked. Finally he spoke. "First of all, we will not be breaking it." He unsheathed the blade and held it out to examine it. "I never knew where Dinnis got it. It just came back to the familiy after his death. I took it when I left home."

Holding the sword out, he studied the blade, looking for dents and etches in the metal.

[OOC: Dang, I go to sleep and everyone is posting like crazy.

Dave, are there any nicks or scratches in the blade?]

No. Now that you think about it, there never have been, either.

OOC: In case you're wondering... Ashrem's sword was the most distinctive personal item I saw on someone's character sheet, so it became 'the cloak' ... and a +1 Power-wrought sword. Despite Ash's bad luck in melee, I really have treated it as a +1 blade all along.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Ashrem thought for a moment then held the sword out for all to see. "I've never sharpened it, yet it has never dulled. No nicks, no scratches." He looked at Lila. "What does this mean? It was created with the Power? How old is it?"

He looked at the sword as if seeing it for the first time. Always the Power... He fought the urge to throw it down. To be rid of it. But it was his brother's, and it meant too much to him. How did you get this Dinnis?

OOC: :eek: Yes! Odd though, that I've never managed to hit anything with it. :) I really am considering taking a level in Armsman. I could use the +1 BAB and I could get Weapon Finesse. Crap! I don't know what to do.

Oh well.. Off to update my character! :p ]

Enforcer

Explorer
Yuri Morotakai

Yuri smiles at Shalimar.

"There's nothing to forgive."

Yuri steps up to Tomas.

"Um, are you sure you want to be wearing that? You've obviously been trained to fight unarmored, Lord Tomas."

In a lower voice that hopefully is only heard by Lord Pole-up-the...:

"And it's rather heavy if you're not accustomed to it."

[ooc: Damn! Power-wrought sword! This Kandori wishes his player spent more effort on his equipment...]

Still looking at Yuri and waiting for his forgiveness, "I geuss we know why he was after us, or should I say it. I would like to know how he knew what it was though, It might prove useful."

pausing thoughtfuly before speaking again, "Lila Sedai, can you put a weave on the sword to allow you to trace it in case the beggar tries again? Like the trace you put on the coin?"

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Shalimar Shiawase said:
Pausing thoughtfuly before speaking again, "Lila Sedai, can you put a weave on the sword to allow you to trace it in case the beggar tries again? Like the trace you put on the coin?"

Light! I don't want her able to find me! Thinking quickly he turned to Shalimar and Lila. "I don't think it would work. He foiled your ability to track the coin, why couldn't he do the same with the sword?"

"Besides, why would he want the sword anyway? It's not worth that much is it? I believe there is more to this than petty theft."

"Remember, he led you all to the guards. He didn't even know I and Jain were around. If he was after my sword, why wouldn't he have asked for me before you all left? He obviously didn't know me, or he intended to leave me without help to defend myself. Though noone mentioned anyone coming back to the inn to look for me."

He shrugged and sheathed the sword. "There must be more to it."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads