WotC WotC adds four new physical and digital bundles.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
It worked amazingly well at Gameholecon. I ran 34 hours of games and watched the room fill with tables using them. Also the creatures case has room for that WotC battle board and a folder of the terrain clings.
Oh I didn’t realize the terrain was clings and blank tiles. Interesting. Anyone seen any videos of them in use?

darjr

I crit!
There's definitely not. Of all the conspiracy theories that slosh around here, that's one of the silliest.

But bundling a product that has no utility online with a digital book is still a weird fit. When/if WotC has its own VTT some day, a Monster Manual/tokens pack will be a much more natural fit.
I dunno. I think DnDBeyond as it is now is an adjunct to table top gaming just as much as it is to any third party vtt. In that light it makes perfect sense to me.

I mean I have players that use it at the table and I have drug out a reference or two. Even while actually using the creatures set itself.

Oofta

Legend
I dunno. I think DnDBeyond as it is now is an adjunct to table top gaming just as much as it is to any third party vtt. In that light it makes perfect sense to me.

I mean I have players that use it at the table and I have drug out a reference or two. Even while actually using the creatures set itself.
I've switched over to DndBeyond for DMing. I still use a character sheet because there's too much info for a PC at a glance but I use DndBeyond for track HP and other resources. Everyone I play with does some variation of this because either they use my account or we're using the DM's account.

darjr

I crit!
I do wish D&D Beyond made it easier to work in multiple tabs (creating plug-ins to let us search D&D Beyond from the URL bar of common browsers would help).

But I'd rather have them add the Sidekick classes to the character builder first.
Oh yes this! I used the app during Gameholecon cause so many people can drown out WiFi or even telecom signal.

It worked but wasn’t ideal.

Haplo781

Legend
There's definitely not. Of all the conspiracy theories that slosh around here, that's one of the silliest.

But bundling a product that has no utility online with a digital book is still a weird fit. When/if WotC has its own VTT some day, a Monster Manual/tokens pack will be a much more natural fit.
Given that you can get digital token sheets and poster maps with decade-old book PDFs, there's really no excuse not to provide them now, other than "we don't want to."

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Given that you can get digital token sheets and poster maps with decade-old book PDFs, there's really no excuse not to provide them now, other than "we don't want to."
Lack of profit is a good reason. They are working on other, more profitable things, I'd guess. Seems reasonable, given how easy it is to create your own.

Haplo781

Legend
Lack of profit is a good reason. They are working on other, more profitable things, I'd guess. Seems reasonable, given how easy it is to create your own.
... The PDFs already exist. They send them to the printer. That's how the physical product is made.

Literally if they sell one single copy they make a profit.

Remove ads