WotC WotC adds four new physical and digital bundles.

It only starts getting interesting for me, if you can finally select the german physical book if you are in the EU store. The monster bundle seems good if you want tokens.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Hope they'll do the same with the 2024 anniversary edition, I intended to go digital only from now on, but a mix of the two would be even better if the price is decent.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I dint think WotC would either. I think that if Roll20 came and asked to be a retailer for 5e books and bundles of Roll20 I’d bet WotC would agree to it.
That would be great, if allowed.

Right now, the Beyond DLSotDQ bundle is 60. The book on Amazon is 45. Roll20 preorder is 30. Roll20 is a VTT, so the extra 15 could easily be worth it, if you want digital and the book.

But if it was say 65 for both, that would be nice. And you have the convenience of buying both at the same time.

Marc Radle

Legend
... The PDFs already exist. They send them to the printer. That's how the physical product is made.
I see this comment often and it is not accurate.

A specific print version of the PDF is sent to the printer (high res, crop marks, bleeds, etc.)

That version of the PDF is NOT what would go to consumers if they offered the PDF for sale. That PDF would not have crop marks or bleed - it would be a separate export of the working file (most likely InDesign) and need to be optimized for size / image quality, have extensive bookmarks and hyperlinks, more than likely alt text for all images, etc.

Bottom line, it would be a NEW PDF that would require additional time, effort, and manpower.

That version of the PDF is NOT what would go to consumers if they offered the PDF for sale. That PDF would not have crop marks or bleed - it would be a separate export of the working file (most likely InDesign) and need to be optimized for size / image quality, have extensive bookmarks and hyperlinks, more than likely alt text for all images, etc.

Bottom line, it would be a NEW PDF that would require additional time, effort, and manpower.
what is the amount of effort that requires? is this "hey 10 mins and anyone can do it" or is it "You need a professional editor and a few days" or somewhere inbetween?

Haplo781

Legend
I see this comment often and it is not accurate.

A specific print version of the PDF is sent to the printer (high res, crop marks, bleeds, etc.)

For a product like the Campaign Cases? Nope. There's no text whatsoever.

Remove ads