WotC WotC Asks What Makes YOU Play Dungeons and Dragons?

Comments

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
It was a secret question, something about Fight Club;

Nah, it was about weather I liked gnomes and paladins;

Nah, I'm old and it kicked me out as well.
I entered my age accurately and it ended as well. I'm only 37, I'm not old right?

I think the best question was where do I find my D&D news/whatevers online. I picked EN World before I noticed that WotC's own website was an option.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
I entered my age (37) and it was the last question.

I was also already 98% done by that page. It's most likely in a random order on the last page of questions they ask for everyone. The % must take all of the pages in the survey into account, anyone who says "No" to one of the "Do you do X?" questions just skips the page that has questions pertaining to X.

Legatus_Legionis

< BLAH HA Ha ha >
I'm curious about what other people chose as their favorite sourcebooks of all time...
I had picked the Encyclopedia Magica Tomes.
I picked the Encyclopedia Magica (so what if it's technically it's 4 books :p)

So many magic items with so much story....
I loved it how all the items were finally collected into one source book(s).

And using the random table generator, add in quirks, etc, and this blows away any DMG treasure table!

It also helps that my players and I have used those DMG tables so often, we had them practically memorized. Add in a luckstone's 10% on rolls, and it was boring.

Now using the Encyclopedia Magica, that same 10% on a 1,000% table, and so many items, attributes (and quirks), and the players felt like they were getting a "NEW" item each and every time.

And their utter disappointment when they get a regular +3 longsword.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I didn't get the age question until the form said 99% complete, and that was the last one for me.
I got it at 98%, and it was the last one.

I far prefer surveys where you get to see all the questions rather than get steered down paths like a choose-your-own-adventure book All they need to do is give every question a "Not applicable to me" answer option.

Legatus_Legionis

< BLAH HA Ha ha >
Considering one of the earlier questions was about when you started playing D&D (and entered a year) was a big indicator of your age.

So claiming you started D&D in 1990 and then put your age as 18, I think they would have to question your entire survey.

Now if they asked how old were you when you started to play D&D, and how old are you now...

ANd YAY!! Warlords!!!!
Yeah, I'm mildly excited about finally seeing that, in a bitter-sweet OK, just bitter, sorta way. Because, after the three strikes that were the BM, PDK, and MMHFT warlord-archetype, I doubt there'll be as many warlord fans taking the survey as took, say, that first playtest survey, what, seven years ago.

I got it at 98%, and it was the last one.

I far prefer surveys where you get to see all the questions rather than get steered down paths like a choose-your-own-adventure book All they need to do is give every question a "Not applicable to me" answer option.
While I tend to agree, I'm kind of glad they didn't require me to fill out any more answers than they already did on this super long survey

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I do kinda wish they asked what we thought of each of the products we bought/used and past settings and products. Some sort of rating :)

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Wow, I got stuck on page 2. As a DM I really don’t have much of an opinion on player classes or races!
Haha, same. I just want more as options for my settings. I like them all. When I make characters I roll all these parts randomly anyway :D

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I'm curious about what other people chose as their favorite sourcebooks of all time. I picked the Ravenloft Campaign Setting (red box) but there are at least 2-3 other 2e books that are also huge contenders for me.
I put the 2E (system neutral really) World Builder's Guide - as I love using random tables to make my own locations and settings. (I have expanded on the tables in there over the years ;)).

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I did get to tell them that Time of the Dragon (1989, Zeb Cook) was the greatest D&D setting of all time though, so there is that. I may possibly be the only person on the planet with this opinion but I suspect that is in large part because maybe only five other people ever played Taladas.

Please keep the language “grandma friendly”.
I loved Taladas. I inherited the box set etc from a friend that no longer plays. I love what they did to make the races unique.

gyor

Hero
So, what does that look like? Sounds like it could be awesome?
I donated to the Kickstarter, but it's not related released yeah. It's basically a group of books, Arcana of the Ancients is the main books, but there are a bunch of others that are coming with it. I'll look up the books.

District31

Villager
I was also already 98% done by that page. It's most likely in a random order on the last page of questions they ask for everyone. The % must take all of the pages in the survey into account, anyone who says "No" to one of the "Do you do X?" questions just skips the page that has questions pertaining to X.
I noticed it went from about 70% to 99% in a single click. It must have had a lot of questions related to various products (which I haven't bought).

der_kluge

Explorer
I thought some of the questions could have used an "I don't remember option". Like, I was in 6th grade when my oldest sister gifted me the red boxed set. A lot of the details surrounding that were fuzzy. But I loved the books, and the dice, and I play the solo story a lot (always died at the rust monster). Took me until high school playing with other people to "get" how it was supposed to work.

BTW, for favorite sourcebook, I listed the 2nd edition Faiths and Avatars. So much detail. I love the FR pantheon.

In Our Store!

Advertisement

Latest threads

Advertisement