D&D General WotC Asks What Makes YOU Play Dungeons and Dragons?

WotC has a new survey asking about what you want from D&D -- "Extra extra! The D&D team wants to know what makes YOU play Dungeons & Dragons! The open world? Character customization? Shared storytelling with friends? Iconic art? Take our survey and help shape the future of what we're working on at Wzards. Please share to help us spread the word and hear from more fans."...

WotC has a new survey asking about what you want from D&D -- "Extra extra! The D&D team wants to know what makes YOU play Dungeons & Dragons! The open world? Character customization? Shared storytelling with friends? Iconic art? Take our survey and help shape the future of what we're working on at Wzards. Please share to help us spread the word and hear from more fans."

ED9BC80F-FB85-497F-AD09-F7B70348CF57.jpeg

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
I put down Oriental Adventures as my favorite sourcebook - there's still a lot I love about that D&D variation.

The guy who introduced my dad to D&D got into the game himself when he first saw Oriental Adventures on the shelf above him. He bought it right then and there, and went back a few days later to buy the rest of the core books.

To an extent, I owe my love of D&D to a karate-obsessed kid in the 80s who saw a picture of a samurai and a ninja fighting each other...

I'm curious about what other people chose as their favorite sourcebooks of all time.

Dark Sun original Box Set (2e) in PDF form for me.

It was the very first D&D setting I discovered all on my own. It was so different from everything else I was familiar with in D&D.

Up until then, I had only experienced the Forgotten Realms (3.5/Pathfinder and 5e gameplay), Dragonlance (novels), and seen references to someplace with the uninspiring (my opinion at the time, long since changed) name of Greyhawk in the 5e PHB.

gyor

Legend
The none WotC RPG books I bought this year is Deviant: The Renegades, Contagion Chronicles, Odyssey of the Dragonlords, Arkadia, a Korean inspired 5e D&D setting I forget the name of, Numenera 5e PDF books.

gyor

Legend
Exandria mostly has renamed Nentir Vale Gods, but with one exception, I think they borrowed Sarenrae from Pathfinder, but renamed, which could be a problem, although they could change a few things.

I think if they give Exandria an official D&D campaign setting book, they will have to flush alot of stuff out.

Also how does making Exandria an official D&D setting effect the critical role cartoon, could it get an official D&D licience?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I'm curious about what other people chose as their favorite sourcebooks of all time. I picked the Ravenloft Campaign Setting (red box) but there are at least 2-3 other 2e books that are also huge contenders for me.
I chose 3E's FR 'Silver Marches' supplement. I absolutely love really dense area setting books that going into really nice detail about a relatively small area. I mentioned 4E Nentir Vale (from the 4E DMG) and the 'Curse of Strahd' adventure as two others like that.

A half-dozen cities/towns with many pages of details about the people there, locations in and around those towns, and a whole bucketful of plothooks if not adventures. Lost Mine of Phandelver would be another one along those lines if only the extra locations (like Old Owl Well and Conyberry) were more fleshed out and detailed.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
I'm curious about what other people chose as their favorite sourcebooks of all time. I picked the Ravenloft Campaign Setting (red box) but there are at least 2-3 other 2e books that are also huge contenders for me.

Unearthed Arcana 3.5. It's the book I traded my Thri-Kreen of Athas for... which if I had been voting strategically, I might have answered. (Or Complete Spacefarer's Handbook.)

More seriously, I very much get why people wouldn't like it. ... And the fanbase for both is even more rabidly gate-keeper than D&D, occassionally to truly profane levels of fascism and sexism.

[...]

It's actually got some very good world-building done there, and I seriously don't understand anyone who plays in the Starfinder setting when 40k exists.

I think you answered your own question, there.

I'm another one who mentioned the SSI Gold Box games. I actually find ther ommission... suspicious.

Also, on the video game question, I filled in all three Other blanks with Mario games. (X Rabbids, Odyssey, Thousand Year Door.) Hope that gives them something to think about.

Have you noticed warlord as class also? This may mean they are working in some project about mas battles or a RTS videogame, I suppose.

* In the last year my April's fool was telling Hasbro bought GW. Of course I was kidding, but a part of me thinks they would dare to do it. If they have bought Entertainment One then they can buy more companies.

Remove ads

Remove ads