WotC WotC D&D Community Update

WotC posted a community update to share news of what they are working on for community outreach.

WotC posted a community update to share news of what they are working on for community outreach.

49B06082-2058-4816-8C3D-69AA4A9CF07B.png

antiwesley

Unpaid Scientific Adviser (Ret.)
I feel curiosity about the creator summit, and I worry because creators may different points of view about where should be the limits. Something could be allowed and wellcome in American or European market, but censored in a country from other continent. Or some artist could show partial nudity of no-human creatures, for example an animated caryatid(sculpted female figure) totally nude, but this doesn't show intimate zones.

And I would like to know if WotC likes the idea of the Unreal editor for Fortnite to be used for games style D&D... or other franchises as Gamma World or Star Frontier.
You'll find this question regardless of where you look, in any industry or hobby.
In America, shows like "Red Dwarf" or "Monty Python's Flying Circus" were often relegated to late night programming, due to the fact that British humour is far different than American. In this respect, there are things that are still tolerated in places like Germany or Japan with regards to adult content that are quite illegal in America.

In this case, though, the majority of the content will be aimed at American mores and standards, as that is where the majority of the D&D materials are produced and are sold. When things get translated and sold by different companies, WoTC still maintains the final say, and due to the American centric beliefs, you'll find the content not really changed. That's why Euro RPG's are often more robust and offer far more content-wise and frankly, without the baggage that the various beliefs seem to force upon D&D. Until the large broomhandles are extruded from the posteriors over here from both sides of the system, we'll never see the likes of a good Euro game produced domestically.

Remove ads

Remove ads