WotC WotC D&D Community Update

WotC posted a community update to share news of what they are working on for community outreach.

WotC posted a community update to share news of what they are working on for community outreach.

49B06082-2058-4816-8C3D-69AA4A9CF07B.png

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
We know what they are in the broadest sense, but a D&D Direct seems a good time to set some dates, give us cover rt, and talk a bit more about the contents.
The next book is Bigby's Big Book of Giants, which I think we generally know what we need to (it's Fizban, but for giants), but hopefully they'll give some more details on the later three books, which are the ones with the question marks around them.

I'd also like to hear if there are non-book products planned (a WotC-branded Deck of Many Things, for instance) or, be still my heart, actual game products featuring the movie.

Vincent55

Adventurer
That is not what I said, just read my post
Sorry, then the answer is simple if you work for a company that does stuff like this makes you guilty by association in their practices. The people who leaked the information are good people working in the belly of the beast and I have much respect for them, but not for who they work for. But that is just a hand full of the many who just are there to collect a check and go home. Are their good people that work there I would say yes, but the company taints them with their practices and will continue to do so unless they change the company or leave it. Time will tell, if they try this again and no one takes a stand then we will have the answer to this question because you know that they will try this again. But with digital, they can ask you to sub and have digital books that are vapour wear, unlike a real book that once you buy you don't need a sub to use and see it. I am old and I have seen things change from buying a game that you could play offline, to getting online and getting content, so can only play if connected online to online only no physical copy or offline play to a sub and now microtransactions as well. They will do away with physical books at some point, just like the dragon and dungeon magazines of old, which went digital and now are no longer a thing. Think about this, if you buy something you can use it online even if you're not subbed, but if you're not subbed you can't get an updated version which might be required to run the online tools, to make characters and so on. So yes you can see and use your bought items but as they are an older version you can use them with the current oneD&D online, unless you sub and get the up date. Now, nowhere did any one say this but just wait and watch and when they do I told you so.

Sorry, then the answer is simple if you work for a company that does stuff like this makes you guilty by association in their practices. The people who leaked the information are good people working in the belly of the beast and I have much respect for them, but not for who they work for. But that is just a hand full of the many who just are there to collect a check and go home. Are their good people that work there I would say yes, but the company taints them with their practices and will continue to do so unless they change the company or leave it. Time will tell, if they try this again and no one takes a stand then we will have the answer to this question because you know that they will try this again. But with digital, they can ask you to sub and have digital books that are vapour wear, unlike a real book that once you buy you don't need a sub to use and see it. I am old and I have seen things change from buying a game that you could play offline, to getting online and getting content, so can only play if connected online to online only no physical copy or offline play to a sub and now microtransactions as well. They will do away with physical books at some point, just like the dragon and dungeon magazines of old, which went digital and now are no longer a thing. Think about this, if you buy something you can use it online even if you're not subbed, but if you're not subbed you can't get an updated version which might be required to run the online tools, to make characters and so on. So yes you can see and use your bought items but as they are an older version you can use them with the current oneD&D online, unless you sub and get the up date. Now, nowhere did any one say this but just wait and watch and when they do I told you so.
Interesting, you wrote quit a bit and still didn’t directly answer the question.

Oofta

Legend
Interesting, you wrote quit a bit and still didn’t directly answer the question.

I think they've been fairly clear in their opinion. Everyone that works for HASBRO is tainted and can never be forgiven. Even if the people in question objected to the change and pushed the company to ultimately not implement a new OGL and instead convinced the company to use the CC instead (and look into expanding it to previous editions). It's no use.

It seems that Vincent decided that HASBRO is bad, WOTC puts out a terrible product and nothing can redeem anyone that works for HASBRO. For some people the OGL kerfuffle is just an excuse to justify their POV and make up theoretical abuses that could theoretically occur.

P.S. DDB currently has some stuff I purchased marked as "legacy" and can't currently be purchased but I still have access if I want. I see no reason to believe that policy will change. If you're concerned about digital products going away, buy the physical version instead.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I think they've been fairly clear in their opinion. Everyone that works for HASBRO is tainted and can never be forgiven. Even if the people in question objected to the change and pushed the company to ultimately not implement a new OGL and instead convinced the company to use the CC instead (and look into expanding it to previous editions). It's no use.

It seems that Vincent decided that HASBRO is bad, WOTC puts out a terrible product and nothing can redeem anyone that works for HASBRO. For some people the OGL kerfuffle is just an excuse to justify their POV and make up theoretical abuses that could theoretically occur.

I couldn't be able to live like that. I can't really sustain a black and white reality. It seems like a lot of work for no real reason.

P.S. DDB currently has some stuff I purchased marked as "legacy" and can't currently be purchased but I still have access if I want. I see no reason to believe that policy will change. If you're concerned about digital products going away, buy the physical version instead.

One reason I have a bunch of CDs, DVDs and Blu-Rays. Also, I don't plan to ever buy anything outside of videogames without a way to keep a local copy -if not an actual hard copy-.

Vincent55

Adventurer
No, if they continue to work for a corrupt corporation and know they are then they are just as much an issue as the company they work for. Ignorance of the situation is no defence, If ignorance were accepted as an excuse, any person charged could claim ignorance to avoid the consequences and be off the hook.

Remove ads

Remove ads