WotC enters IOS partnership

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Kind of makes you wonder why they would confuse the market by releasing new digital offerings for a system they have stopped supporting.

Nothing in the linked announcement says that they're bringing 4E to the iOS products. If 5E does release in August of this year, as some think it might, then it might be what we see on iOS material in the weeks and months after that happens.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
The article didn't mention board or rpg products so it could be either or both.

From BoardGameGeek:
Brad Cummings said:
Playdek and Wizards Partner for D&D Games
I was able to speak in person to Mike Mearls and get some details on this partnership. He would not tell me much, but he did mention that the whole D&D board game catalog is open to Playdek, so it could be any thing that is currently released. In our conversation he talked about multiple games including Dungeon Command, Lords of Waterdeep and others so it is possible that any of these could be the first title. Hard to rule anything out at this point.

I also asked about “other platforms” and he did say that Android was certainly one of these platforms and they were working with Playdek to overcome the challenges of developing for it.

Warder

Jack99

Adventurer
Nothing in the linked announcement says that they're bringing 4E to the iOS products. If 5E does release in August of this year, as some think it might, then it might be what we see on iOS material in the weeks and months after that happens.

Could you outline for me quickly why it is *they* seem to think so, contrary to all other evidence?

Remove ads