WotC WotC general D&D survey just went live.

Interesting that not only is there not a 'campaign settings' option in this question, but there's also no campaign settings listed in the 'supplemental rulebooks' section. It really looks like WotC is getting out of that line of product.

Last edited:

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
I dedicated the time and filled out all the questions. My most interesting takeaway was they never asked about what other RPGs I play, just what I had bought in the last 3 months.

I suspect I'm whizzing in the wind trying to squeeze some complexity into the future of D&D but I'll do my part.

#notachildsgame

I dedicated the time and filled out all the questions. My most interesting takeaway was they never asked about what other RPGs I play, just what I had bought in the last 3 months.

Anyone else notice that in the question about where you spent your money in the last 6 months, the only non-D&D option was '3pp products like Pathfinder' ?

They're still conflating Pathfinder (a competitor that uses a completely different ruleset) with the 3pp industry (which is free D&D advertising, and which requires the use of D&D). Makes you bang your head against the wall. They've learned nothing. They still just don't get it.

Anyone else notice that in the question about where you spent your money in the last 6 months, the only non-D&D option was '3pp products like Pathfinder' ?
I guess I even missed the second half and put 0€ there because I somehow thought they were only talking about 3PP for D&D. Would have been a lot more otherwise.

Thought these choices were interesting...

View attachment 278238
View attachment 278239

The race selection is particularly interesting, its all One D&D races except for Aasimar, Genasi, and Changelings, accident, I think not, those 3 could be races they are concidering for inclusion in the One D&D PHB. Keep an eye out for them and I encourage everyone to vote for those ones to help make that happen.

Setting side the fact that they split homebrew into pure homebrew and inspired Homebrew is very clever on their part.

If there is a question on passed editions, that could have some effect on what editions get their own SRD.

Remove ads