WotC WotC Gets A New Logo?

According to the Wall Street Journal's David Ewalt, Wizards of the Coast has a new logo. His article was the piece where we learned how Hasbro was restructuring. Update - WotC just updated the logo on its social media accounts, so it's official! https://www.enworld.org/threads/d-d-gets-a-new-division-at-hasbro.678464/ Here's the old logo for comparison.

According to the Wall Street Journal's David Ewalt, Wizards of the Coast has a new logo. His article was the piece where we learned how Hasbro was restructuring.

Update - WotC just updated the logo on its social media accounts, so it's official!

wotc.jpeg

5C3273BE-77ED-4EC0-B93E-9B3A16CB889D.jpeg

Here's the old logo for comparison.

old_wotc.png

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
It'll take some getting used to, but it's fine. I'm sure there was a reason to leave behind "The More You Know"-type classic logo.
If it helps spread D&D, M:tG, etc to more players, what does it matter to us who already will buy anyway what we think of it? The point is to catch new audiences. And the old logo felt very 90s. This logo feels more in lines with say, the MCU.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
It was time. I don't know when that old logo was designed, but it seems very '90s and very niche. I worked in comics/gaming/cards retail from 1995-2000, and it looks like the logo for a trading card company. The new one is much more modern and multi-media.

Last edited:

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
for some reason it makes my brain loop on "what pixar(?) title basically used this?" It makes me expect to see opening credits next. Otherwise "um ok guess every company needs some logo"

Remove ads

Remove ads