D&D 5E WotC has updated the Hadozee glide ability on DnDBeyond

darjr

I crit!
Note this thread is ONLY about the Hadozee glide ability. The glide ability has been updated in DnDBeyond for the Hadozee.

Glide. When you fall at least 10 feet above the ground, you can use your reaction to extend your skin membranes to glide horizontally a number of feet equal to your walking speed, and you take 0 damage from the fall. You determine the direction of the glide.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Note this thread is ONLY about the Hadozee glide ability. The glide ability has been updated in DnDBeyond for the Hadozee.

Glide. When you fall at least 10 feet above the ground, you can use your reaction to extend your skin membranes to glide horizontally a number of feet equal to your walking speed, and you take 0 damage from the fall. You determine the direction of the glide.

Looks like a reasonable change to me. I guess it means that if you fall the maximum distance in a round (500 feet?) then you "only" go 30 feet outward (which is mostly straight down) but you take no damage, which is a little weird, but it's such a corner case that I wouldn't worry about it. It's better than you going, what's the old rule? 5 feet per? So under the old rule, you'd glide 2500 feet out in that round. This is definitely an improvement.

Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
it's good they are listening to the important outrage... about movement.
That's not the only change, but it is the only change being talked about in this thread.

Speaking of which, this movement is still "free" as in it doesn't use your movement speed. And it does allow for a unique situation where you can use the Jump Spell, of all things, to perform a high jump and spend 20' of movement to passively glide an additional 30+' without provoking OAs. Which is unusually Handy for Tiger and Elk totem Barbarians (of all the niche sub-subclasses), as well as Glory Paladins.

Last edited:

HammerMan

Legend

Wait you have to pay for errata ?!?!! Wtf?!?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases