WotC WotC invites Bob the World Builder and other creators to an in person Summit.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Depends on what you consider bribes and manipulation. Does, "Here's a tasty lunch, now look at this cool new product," qualify?

Given how badly they bungled the OGL thing, suggesting they are going to be master manipulators is... not terribly plausible.
I never said they were going to be good at it.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Screw WOTC and their summit! I say we have our own summit! An Ensummit if you will.
giphy.gif

I just hope it doesn't end up being some kind of bribe or manipulation.
I get the feeling, or at least hope, that this isn't as much bribe/manipulation in the traditional sense as much as... if these content creators have X million constant followers per stream, that is way more effective than research groups for having a finger on the pulse of what's going on.

As I type this, for some reason I'm reminded of Coke/New Coke/Coke Classic. As an old man, I remember the Cola Wars, when New Coke came out. Pepsi declared they won the Cola Wars, and gave their employees the day off. New Coke was an attempt at a thing for awhile before Coke released Coke Classic. ... of course, the going story still is that Coke wanted to switch to a cheaper sweetener anyway, so they temporarily gave Pepsico the W, let people forget what 'classic' Coke tasted like, and came back with the formula they were going to make anyway. And it would seem the end result became Pepsico had to form YUM Brands, merge Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and KFC into one company so there were less places asking 'Is Pepsi okay?' when someone tries to order a Coke.

TLDR - We can hope for the best from these people, but I get the perception that Wizards realized their major error and genuinely want to correct it and are succeeding at creating a sense of inertia that going forward things will be more transparent and gamer-friendly

Remove ads