WOTC is hiring a new Game Designer for D&D

Slit518

Adventurer
Yes, but they’ll look at it.

How does things you can't talk about work?

Like let's say you did some work for Warner Brothers (which I didn't), but you have an NDA until the product is revealed.

And in that product you have some credits.

How does that work?!?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The Chicago Manual of Style if I am correct is a manual which details ways in writing/describing things, such as a booklet for a lawnmower that tells you how to assemble it.

It is kind of like technical writing, right?

I think so.

Ever notice how their rules are so uniform?

Also, for me to do some work, a guy offering me work said it was a good idea for me to be familiar with it if I wanted to be in this type of business. I think it is because you need to make the rules to the game as concise as possible.

The Chicago Manual is also pretty standard for some academic writing. Industry standard. "Must be able to write professionally and be numerate" seems a fair standard yo be on the D&D team.

Not to double post, but does that mean self published products as well? If that is the case, puft, I can crap out crap!

Note, it also mentions editing somebody else's work and it getting published.

Srlf- publishing might be sufficient, if the work itself impresses Mearls & Co. or you were able to make a functioning company around it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Like let's say you did some work for Warner Brothers (which I didn't), but you have an NDA until the product is revealed.

How does that work?!?

There aren’t rules. The person who is hiring will look at your resume and decide if they want to interview you. If they interview you, they’ll then decide if they want to hire you. You can’t rules-lawyer it or get them to hire you on a technicality.

I feel weird explaining the concept of a job application to somebody. :)

Last edited:

How does that work?!?
Well, they’ll ask what you did work on. If you can’t discus due to NDA, they’ll ask for a reference and contact your employer to see what they can say.

But, generally, if you legally can’t talk about something, you should leave that off your resume.

Given how many people here seem to be experts at game design and able to write better rules than Mearls and Crawford in their sleeep, I expect whoever gets the job to be a regular poster...

Slit518

Adventurer
There aren’t rules. The person who is hiring will look at your resume and decide if they want to interview you. If they interview you, they’ll then decide if they want to hire you. You can’t rules-lawyer it or get them to hire you on a technicality.

I feel weird explaining the concept of a job application to somebody. Are you particularly young? I’m guessing you’ve not applied for a job before? Generally I’d suggest viewing the job requirements in the spirit they’re intended.

No, I am not young.

I just figured they would need examples of such things, but something attached to an NDA for example does not have examples.

But Jester David explains it better in a below response.

S'mon

Legend
Is it normal to not list a salary range in this kind of job advert? Seems odd to me.

Talking of which...

Given how many people here seem to be experts at game design and able to write better rules than Mearls and Crawford in their sleeep, I expect whoever gets the job to be a regular poster...

How many regular posters here get paid less than Mearls & Crawford? :D

Remove ads