D&D 4E WoTC is increasing the amount of 4e info, but..

The Little Raven

First Post
Imban said:
I'd think that, given that, it would be dishonest to not warn someone who's about to buy an entire booster box of Legends from you that they might be buying a bum box that only draws from half of the possible cards in the set.

Those are objective quality issues, while the game store owner in question is stating an opinion. Huge difference between print quality affecting quality of the cards, and some guy not liking 4th Edition and trashing it to all of his customers.

RigaMortus2

First Post
OchreJelly said:
yeah getting back on topic, I'm also happy about the info. What would you speculate the most sought after sneak peak info would be?
Here's probably my top three:
- multiclassing
- rituals
- the underlying math

Maybe WoTC will be nice enough to drop by and tell us what's coming Wed. :)

The lack of info regarding multiclassing is begining to worry me. I hope they don't do it half arsed.

redshirt2005

First Post
Excerpts

Hi folks,

Just a quick word about the excerpts we’ve been posting. One of our goals has been to help fill in the gaps, so to speak, regarding the 4th Edition rule set. I don’t want to release the complete schedule ahead of time, but we will have previews for the paragon tier (04/23), multiclassing (04/30), and the epic tier (05/12).

Bart Carroll

Bishmon

First Post
redshirt2005 said:
Hi folks,

Just a quick word about the excerpts we’ve been posting. One of our goals has been to help fill in the gaps, so to speak, regarding the 4th Edition rule set. I don’t want to release the complete schedule ahead of time, but we will have previews for the paragon tier (04/23), multiclassing (04/30), and the epic tier (05/12).

Bart Carroll
Great to hear! Thanks!

Vaeron

Explorer
Kzach said:
Well, I've thought they've revealed a helluva lot of information already. I mean, you can practically play the game with the PHB lite and all the other material revealed.

And if not for the PHB lite, where would you find this information? That's the point, that specific posters (heros, really!) have had to compile all this information on their own based on drips of information from playtesters, miniature stat cards, D&DE observations, and pain-staking internet sifting. Monsters & More and the PHB Lite are great, but they didn't come from WOTC. They came from dedicated individuals who pieced together (sometimes having to extrapolate the less clear detail) the small amounts of information presented to us. A huge chunk of the PHB Lite is based off the pregen character sheets and the Rules Appendix handed out at D&DE.

So, WOTC has definitely not handled this well. Anyone who doesn't know of ENworld, and therefore doesn't have access to the information compiled all in one place, will definitely NOT be finding any important information on the actual D&D website - which is where all this info *should* be accessible.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Bishmon said:
Or he could continue being honest with his customers so those customers continue to choose to shop at his store, and not at some other store that doesn't lie to them in order to get their money.

Anyway, I'm glad they're finally doing this, but I think it's a bit too late.

Then why is he carrying it?

And is he going to argue with the customers who DO like it? :confused:

Cirex

First Post
redshirt2005 said:
Hi folks,

Bart Carroll

Giggidy-giggidy-giggidy-giggidy-go!

(04/30, wizards.com refreshing madness).

Remove ads