WotC WotC needs an Elon Musk

Status
Not open for further replies.

codo

Hero
I think it probably reached a high-water mark around Infinity War and Endgame and probably won’t achieve that sort of cultural universality again, but regardless, it ain’t going away any time soon and will continue to make Disney truckloads of money for many years yet.
To be fair nothing will reach the level of Infinity War and Endgame. Kevin Feige and team managed to capture lightning in a bottle with the first 3 phases of the MCU. The amount of planning, co-ordination, creative vision, and levels of confidence frankly verging on hubris, that was involved in telling a grand sweeping decade long story, involving hundreds of characters, told over dozens of movies is unprecedented.

They not only managed to pull it off, the movies managed to maintain a remarkably high level of quality. They're not all perfect, but most are at least competently made and fun. There are quite a few that are widely regarded as excellent films. To top it all off Infinity War and Endgame are truly amazing film. They manage to bring a satisfying conclusion to over a decade worth of films and to set up the future of the franchise, while still being incredibly touching and surprisingly thoughtful and introspective movies.

There is a reason that when the MCU became popular, and literally every franchise tried to start a cinematic universe, they all failed while the MCU just kept chugging along. Marvel almost became a victim of their own success. Expecting the movies in the next phase of the MCU to hit the peak of Infinity War and Endgame isn't really a reasonable expectation. Its like expecting a pitcher who threw a no-hitter to be able to do it again the next day.

To put this in perspective I feel like I should say, I have never cared about or been into comics or superheroes. I have nothing against them, but they were never my thing. The fact that I have seen nearly every Marvel movie shows how truly remarkable their cultural impact was.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And, by the way, about WotC needing an Elon Musk...

Musk is now claiming he'll quit as CEO, if a poll tells him to.

And, at the moment, the poll says he should leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads