WotC WotC needs an Elon Musk

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasn't the leadership that decided to:
1 - publish those books.
2 - put those people in charge of the books.
If you want to appear objective you have to recognize the things they got right to, even if it hurts your point.

Fair enough, even a broken clock is right twice a day. The question is why did they stop doing what worked?

Oofta

Legend
wasn't the leadership that decided to:
1 - publish those books.
2 - put those people in charge of the books.
If you want to appear objective you have to recognize the things they got right to, even if it hurts your point.
Last time I checked, managers very rarely actually produce product directly. They review, greenlight, possibly give suggestions and may have input into general direction.

Oofta

Legend
Fair enough, even a broken clock is right twice a day. The question is why did they stop doing what worked?
The game is still selling well. The PHB is #15* in sales on Amazon of all books. Not RPG books, not game books, all books sold. It's been working for nearly a decade, it continues to work for the company and overall sales. It may not work for you personally, but them's the breaks.

*At least it was the last time I glanced at Darjr's thread.

Bolares

Hero
Sorry, but I disagree with your premise here. You not liking other setting books doesn't make them bad. Most of the MTG settings are great, I loved ravenloft, most of the setting material in the adventures is really good. Spelljammer was a big blunder, sure, but that does not rewrite history and make all the other books retroactvelly bad.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
No one and nothing in the history of this world, this timeline, or any other conceivable dimension, has ever needed an "Elon Musk" for anything, ever. Except maybe Elon Musk, and I can't even vouche that is true for any and all possible instances.
It is curious how the Great Man Theory of leadership finds new ways to be reasserted.

Your taking me too literally, I'm not saying fire 50%, but I do think new leadership is needed.
I mean, from your posts, you seem to want D&D to return to something more like it was in 2e or before. Meanwhile, Musk himself would probably describe himself as a disrupter.

A Muskhelmed D&D would probably have no print products at all, and possibly no products from WotC.

Oofta

Legend
It is curious how the Great Man Theory of leadership finds new ways to be reasserted.
Most great leaders know how to inspire and support great people at all levels of the organization while providing high level direction, with a great deal of input from the people they lead. This all-too frequent idolization of the person that happens to be the figurehead has always bothered me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads