• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E WOTC Possibly Removing "Druids" for Religious/Cultural Sensitivity Reasons

Balkan wars, some Greeks fought in them.
Balkan Wars 1912-1913 not 1990's.
In the 1990's Greece's role (through NATO and EUFOR predominantly) were in areas of conflict and instability and has been the same as it has been up until 2011, for Logistics, Humanitarian and Peace-Keeping.

And that is all I'm going to say on that before RW politics come into play.

Zardnaar

Legend
Balkan Wars 1912-1913 not 1990's.
In the 1990's Greece's role (through NATO and EUFOR predominantly) were in areas of conflict and instability and has been the same as it has been up until 2011, for Logistics, Humanitarian and Peace-Keeping.

And that is all I'm going to say on that before RW politics come into play.

Should gave said wars in Balkans. Apparently there were Greek individuals who joined in and flew the flag.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I love the fact that a story about a dispassionate strength rogue with a big sword (a character the game strongly discourages) is the inspiration for the angry magical girl class the barbarian has become.
"Karlach rage power! Make Up!"

Sacrosanct

Legend
Should gave said wars in Balkans. Apparently there were Greek individuals who joined in and flew the flag.
They did. Several Greeks participated in the Srebrenica massacre and hoisted the Greek flag. F those guys. But I admit my bias, because I was there in Bosnia shortly after, and saw the results of the genocide and destruction they inflicted upon the Bosniaks.

It's all being spun up out of a one-sentence answer on MTG designer Mark Rosewater's blog on Sept. 28:

It's a long way from the MTG reportedly looking at retiring the druid type in MTG to the druid not appearing in the 2024 PHB. On Oct. 5, he walks back an earlier rumor that MTG is removing the witch type.

So, yeah, probably not a lot of reason to get wound up about this at this point.

I live next to salem. Witch is a term that was adopted by wiccans, but it is not the same as the European concept of witchcraft (which I think still has meaning on its own). Removing it sounds like it would have been an overreaction

Remove ads