WotC WotC Removes Release Dates From Promo Images For 2024

Official promo images replaced by images without release dates.

On Friday, WotC shared a bunch of images of 2024's D&D releases, which included release dates for each book.
The images were initially shared during a panel at PAX Unplugged, and were shortly after shared widely on the official D&D social media outlets.

However, a few hours later, all those images were removed from WotC's social media, and were later replaced by images without the release dates.

406472835_728869535942848_6745743928406323951_n.jpg

Additionally, the '2024 Core Rules' image was replaced with a caption saying '2024 Player's Handbook'.

It's not clear why they were removed, whether those release dates are incorrect, or if they simply weren't supposed to be shared yet. But since we shared those images too, we should note that it's possible the dates we shared might not be set in stone. More info if and when we have it!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Why not both...? I'm going to preliminaries expect that until WotC says different, to be honest. Not that I'm losing sleep over the timing, lol.
Yeah, it's no big deal either way, really. I can't give any concrete reasons beyond that it didn't (even before they pulled it) EVER pass my professional sniff test. I can be wrong, but I've stayed in business for 30 years by having good instincts for exactly this sort of thing. (Being able to tell when information that I'm given on a product is factually incorrect). I could be wrong, sure, but I doubt it. We will see!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, it's no big deal either way, really. I can't give any concrete reasons beyond that it didn't (even before they pulled it) EVER pass my professional sniff test. I can be wrong, but I've stayed in business for 30 years by having good instincts for exactly this sort of thing. (Being able to tell when information that I'm given on a product is factually incorrect). I could be wrong, sure, but I doubt it. We will see!
Hey, whoa, new thought: they didn't put out a date for the PHB, MM, or DMG: maybe that's roughly when they plan yo release the Core Rules.

That is...the new SRD.

Now that seems highly doable.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hey, whoa, new thought: they didn't put out a date for the PHB, MM, or DMG: maybe that's roughly when they plan yo release the Core Rules.

That is...the new SRD.

Now that seems highly doable.
Sure, but the ol' sniffer says that we won't see THAT until 2025. Maybe late 2024. It just seems to me to be something that would come AFTER the books rather than before. This is, however, such speculation that the sniffer doesn't have a lot to go on, so I don't stand by its sussings with any conviction. (Unlike the dates-thing!)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I still think Vecna makes more sense as the "final" 2014 release, capstoning the obelisk subplot and serving as a DC style crisis event to take care of any potential "continuity" breaks with the arrival of 2024.
I'm not entirely with you on the reasons, but I agree entirely with the conclusion. I think Vecna will be out at least one month before the PHB.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Sure, but the ol' sniffer says that we won't see THAT until 2025. Maybe late 2024. It just seems to me to be something that would come AFTER the books rather than before. This is, however, such speculation that the sniffer doesn't have a lot to go on, so I don't stand by its sussings with any conviction. (Unlike the dates-thing!)
Rhe environment in 2024 is way different than 2014: getting the SRD up and operational on Beyond is much more likely to be a priority now.

Remove ads

Remove ads