WotC WotC reported 50% growth over 2020!

Scribe

Legend
If I remember correctly, MtG is already part of the D&D multiverse (Ravnica, Theros, etc.), but D&D is not part of the MtG multiverse. The had a statement that despite the set, the Forgotten Realms is not a part of the MtG multiverse - yet.
Yeah someone pulled up a quote last time this was discussed.

It's not yet an issue (to me) but I'm sure we will get there.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I mean, good for them, profit drives the bus.

But I hope they dont misinterpret that data and think they need to unite the settings...that will be the last straw for me honestly.
Same. Modern D&D is already way too much of a superhero fantasy game. I know it won't happen, but I really want them to pull back on that hard. Slow natural healing, gritty realism, etc as the default. Leave the superhero healing for the optional rules.

I've had that thought in the back of my head since I first heard that the MtG company bought TSR. They're making D&D books for MtG stuff. Dropping info about MtG settings in other D&D books. Making MtG sets using D&D lore. It's inevitable that they'll merge. Unfortunately.

I mean, good for them, profit drives the bus.

But I hope they dont misinterpret that data and think they need to unite the settings...that will be the last straw for me honestly.
How connected is too connected?

Like if they decided D&D multiverse Theros, Arcavios, and Ravnica were seperate from MtG multiverse, and the D&D versions of those settings were canon in the D&D Multiverse, but not the MtG multiverse and the MtG version was canon in the Blind eterenities but not in the Great Wheel, would you be okay with that?

Or what if each was it's own seperate multiverse, but they were connected by a broader omniverse, like you could go from the Great Wheel to the Blind Eternities via the Far Realms?

Scribe

Legend
How connected is too connected?

Like if they decided D&D multiverse Theros, Arcavios, and Ravnica were seperate from MtG multiverse, and the D&D versions of those settings were canon in the D&D Multiverse, but not the MtG multiverse and the MtG version was canon in the Blind eterenities but not in the Great Wheel, would you be okay with that?

Or what if each was it's own seperate multiverse, but they were connected by a broader omniverse, like you could go from the Great Wheel to the Blind Eternities via the Far Realms?
Any connection at all is too much.

I never want to see Eldrazi in a core Monster Manual. I never want the Blind Eternities referenced in an FR book. I never want Elminster shaking hands with Jace.

The MTG settings are already ignored.

Bolares

Hero
Here is Christopher’s article. Looks like there will be another D&D set, I might be right! But also wh40k and lord of the rings and others.
They've already conffirmed A Baldur's Gate Commander Legends set. It's not going to be standard legal though.

It is not only a possible D&D+M:tG merger but also with the rest of Hasbro's licences, and the future potential influence of the action-live productions for cinemas and streaming services. And even if Hasbro doesn't imply with a new acquisition or merger with other company. (They tried with Mattel, but this said they don't offer enough, or something like this).

I don't reject the idea of crossovers, but they should avoid the abuse or saturation, because the surprise effect would be lost.

A Ravenloft+Innistrad crossover is possible, or an intercompany crossover with Ravenloft and other characters from terror sagas.

Remove ads