• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WOTC, Scott, Where in the World is the GSL

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I look forward to seeing what the early adopters who shell out the $5k produce in those heady 20 minutes when they have the market to themselves.

Wait, now it's down to 10 minutes ...

Michael Morris

First Post
breschau said:
What? Are you serious? What percent of the total 3.5 adventures market do you think Paizo has now? The only way they come out ahead is if they don't lose customers or gain them.

Check the poll about this. One-hundred votes that are pro 4E, fifteen that could be pro Pathfinder. Most people really liked the Pathfinder adventures. With Paizo not doing 4E, all the players that switch will be lost to Paizo. Unless the vast majority of 3.x players stick to their guns and all switch to Pathfinder, this is a losing proposition for them.

164 votes, 60-some percent going to 4E. Use that figure for the number of customers Paizo will lose. That's a severe hit to profits, not a gain.
As opposed to no profit at all? If Paizo waited any longer they wouldn't be able to produce anything at all.

I hope that a lot of people take heed of what Orcus' is saying. 4E is not for some and I hope that PF will offer them a great 'DnD'esque experience. There is a good post on the Paizo boards about this very thing , he has a good viewpoint of the whole thing. We all love RPGs (and most of us here DnD styley ones) and it should not be 'all for one and damn the other'. To each their own IMO. Although I found it amusing that he assumed all the hate would come from outside the pro-PF community and they should restrain themselves from replying in kind. Obviously no pro-PF ers would start the mud slinging ;)
So I am afraid I won't be buying Paizo PF any more, until it is published fully 4E compatible (I hate having to change things in my books, errata grrrrrr) not just web supplements, I wish them the best. I hope there is room enough in RPGers wallets to support them! I started the poll about where peoples future RPG tastes lie mainly 'cos I am nosey, not 'cos I have an axe to grind!
However I am also very excited about what Necromancer have up their sleeve, so keep us informed Orcus :)

Jack99

Adventurer
mach1.9pants said:
I hope that a lot of people take heed of what Orcus' is saying. 4E is not for some and I hope that PF will offer them a great 'DnD'esque experience. There is a good post on the Paizo boards about this very thing , he has a good viewpoint of the whole thing. We all love RPGs (and most of us here DnD styley ones) and it should not be 'all for one and damn the other'. To each their own IMO. Although I found it amusing that he assumed all the hate would come from outside the pro-PF community and they should restrain themselves from replying in kind. Obviously no pro-PF ers would start the mud slinging ;)
So I am afraid I won't be buying Paizo PF any more, until it is published fully 4E compatible (I hate having to change things in my books, errata grrrrrr) not just web supplements, I wish them the best. I hope there is room enough in RPGers wallets to support them! I started the poll about where peoples future RPG tastes lie mainly 'cos I am nosey, not 'cos I have an axe to grind!

This. I rather see people using their energy discussing a game they like, instead of a game they don't like... In the appropriate forum, that is.

Yes, I am serious.

10% of the 3.5 players would be hundreds of thousands of people. And Paizo would be selling supplements to all of them, rather than just selling adventures to their DMs.

Remember, the money is in the Players Handbook and followon supplements. That's the reason the OGL was created by WoTC in the first place.

Ken

breschau said:
What? Are you serious? What percent of the total 3.5 adventures market do you think Paizo has now? The only way they come out ahead is if they don't lose customers or gain them.

Check the poll about this. One-hundred votes that are pro 4E, fifteen that could be pro Pathfinder. Most people really liked the Pathfinder adventures. With Paizo not doing 4E, all the players that switch will be lost to Paizo. Unless the vast majority of 3.x players stick to their guns and all switch to Pathfinder, this is a losing proposition for them.

164 votes, 60-some percent going to 4E. Use that figure for the number of customers Paizo will lose. That's a severe hit to profits, not a gain.

Remove ads