Planescape WOTC teasing planescape.com

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Worth it for me. I didn't play video games in 99. Too busy chasing girls and working two jobs!

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app
Lol! Then yes, please play it. The story stays with you... almost 2 decades later and it still looms in my mind... heck I might have to replay it.

But a planescape (darn autocorrect wants to fix it to plan escape...) setting would be great. Maybe both?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using EN World mobile app

It's also worth pointing out that you can buy the original versions of those games (with an installer designed to ensure modern system compatibility and ease of installation) at GOG.com, and have been able to for years. Just in case that affects anyone's thoughts on whether an enhanced edition is worth it.

gyor

Legend
I look forward to seeing what sort of enhancements Torment gets. I hope like Baldur's Gate it has an Android Phone version.

EbbTide808

First Post
I played Baldur´s Gate Enhanced Edition and also own BG2: EE/IWD: EE.

All are great games so if you ask me...yes, it´s worth it.

These games have all been making a profit, serving a market, and spreading the talk of D&D. They will continue releasing them. And if you read through all the recent tweets from Beamdog, it's all but certain it's PTEE.

I wouldn't put much home in that translating into the next adventure path of book of crunch. None of the other realeases by Beamdog have yet.

Also, watch the latest acquisitions Inc from PAX East. They always align their story with the current adventure path, and the end of that is clearly foreshadowing the next adventure path. The next time they play, the next adventure path will be out. (The one after Tales from the Yawning Portal.) I don't think that foreshadowing reflected planescape. It sounded more like they're going to an area of the realms we haven't been yet in 5E than to other dimensions.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
These games have all been making a profit, serving a market, and spreading the talk of D&D. They will continue releasing them. And if you read through all the recent tweets from Beamdog, it's all but certain it's PTEE.

I wouldn't put much home in that translating into the next adventure path of book of crunch. None of the other realeases by Beamdog have yet.

Also, watch the latest acquisitions Inc from PAX East. They always align their story with the current adventure path, and the end of that is clearly foreshadowing the next adventure path. The next time they play, the next adventure path will be out. (The one after Tales from the Yawning Portal.) I don't think that foreshadowing reflected planescape. It sounded more like they're going to an area of the realms we haven't been yet in 5E than to other dimensions.
The next adventure doesn't have to have anything to do with planescape for the big book of crunch (midway) to use it as a framing device. Heck, I've read Yawning Portal and it has very little to do with the Inn, and nothing to do with Undermountain.

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

GarrettKP

Explorer
I agree that Midway is probably part "Volo's Guide to the Multiverse" and part "Player Crunch" book. It will be just like Volo's Guide to Monsters: 1/2 a guide to the multiple planes and Sigil, and 1/2 player crunch presented as the different races and classes from different realms.

Remove ads