Planescape WOTC Teasing Planescape?

Was just about to post this.

volanin

Adventurer
In the HTML source, there is this snippet:

secret="0x50 0x53 0x54 0x45 0x45"

These are hexadecimal codes for ASCII letters, which converts to PSTEE.
So... it indeed seems to be about Planescape: Torment EE.

Mercurius

Legend
My prediction: it will be some of all of the above - a video game update, a story arc, a supplement, a Spelljammer-esque board game, etc. If they're going to do Planescape, why not do it big? Wasn't the original plan of story arcs for them to be multimedia?

Anyhow, a true revamp of Planescape has been a long time coming. It was one of the most original, popular settings of the 90s and I was always surprised that WotC didn't do more with it in 3E and 4E.

Furthermore, this may also open up new worlds for story arcs - travel via Sigil to different worlds: Dark Sun, Eberron, etc.

Anyhow, if this truly is Planescape, maybe Dust and Midway are a Planescape story arc and setting/rulesbook. Of course that wouldn't allow for the rumored rules expansion, but maybe they're not quite ready for that and it will be in 2018.

If it's to do with PS:T, maybe they got around to it because of it's "spiritual sequel" Torment: Tides of Numenera which is out now.

In some ways it's a bit of a shame there couldn't be a more direct sequel, as I don't think they have a solid idea what to do with the Planescape property and D&D in general on videogames at the moment.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
In the HTML source, there is this snippet:

secret="0x50 0x53 0x54 0x45 0x45"

These are hexadecimal codes for ASCII letters, which converts to PSTEE.
So... it indeed seems to be about Planescape: Torment EE.

Good catch. Yeah I expect they will be doing to Planescape what they did to Baldur's gate. That is nice.

Remove ads

Remove ads