WotC WotC will do what you say for 5 years. What are your instructions?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Publish a complete real monthly dragon, as a paper magazine.

Release a new complete Greyhawk box, similar to the original.

Publish a new 5e version of Star Frontiers, Marvel Super Heroes, Boot Hill, Top Secret, Indiana Jones, and Gamma World.

Start re-publishing old Avalon Hill board games, and start creating some new ones.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Oh, also, the only thing I’d really get super hands on with would be Dragonlance.

No retcons, just a time jump just barely far enough that the world is essentially back where it was with the OG Trilogy. Solace’s great trees restored, rumors of Dragon Armies or something similar, few gods around, etc.

Not exactly the same, but full circle, just in time for a new great threat to the balance, and a need for new Heroes of The Lance.

One cool thing would be the idea of gaining epic artifacts at low level, and introducing rules for them to start at an Uncommon power level and get more powerful as the character untaps their potential.

JeffB

Legend
Give up the rights to DragonQuest so someone can publish a proper 3rd edition and get products like The Enchanted Wood and Frontiers of Alusia back in print.

64-96 page adventure products.

OD&D LBB re-prints using the actual covers and art.

Pay the balance to get the Gygax Memorial completed and pay Gail off and release everything Gary-Let Jeff Talanian and the Trolls finish what they started as well as release all his notes and maps and half finished writings.

Dungeon and Dragon print or PDF subscriptions. Find Kim Mohan or Roger Moore and make them an offer they cannot refuse ;)

Put Ed Greenwood & Jeff Grubb in charge of the Forgotten Realms and retro that $hit back to 1357 DR.

Nentir Vale products.

Publish Tom and Eljayess's actual Known World.

Finally deliver on a modern functional VTT.

SPACEMAN SPIFF: The Roleplaying Game

Offer Easy Peasy Map Making program on the website like the old 2e Core Rules software

darjr

I crit!
Oh! I’ve actually stated this idea to folks that might be able to make it happen. No idea if they took me seriously or not. I’d give Greyhawk to GaryCon as a region for AL and let them create AD&D mods as well as 5e mods and othe Greyhawk content.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Oh! I’ve actually stated this idea to folks that might be able to make it happen. No idea if they took me seriously or not. I’d give Greyhawk to GaryCon as a region for AL and let them create AD&D mods as well as 5e mods and othe Greyhawk content.

If GreyHawk went on the DMsGuild like Eberron, Luke and Ernie could do some fun stuff...not to mention @Rob Kuntz himself.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Keep doing what you’re doing, because it’s obviously working, and your team is more qualified than anyone posting here. We’d likely end up hurting the IP or the business model. (Although, I would like to see hardcopy modules like TSR did, not just big campaign books)

That said, you’re owned by HASBRO. Get a cartoon series going, and make action figure toys and apps based off of the show. Suck it for all the 80s nostalgia you can, because other products like Transformers IP have made a bundle doing that. Maybe the writers of the original Teen Titans in the animation style of Avatar Last Airbender

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases