• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC -- Worst Excerpt EVAR!

Glyfair

Explorer
I note that the excerpt is linked from the Creature Competition page, because the mind flayer is going head-to-head with the succubus paladin this week. I wonder if this was a factor in their choosing this questionable excerpt.

NexH

First Post
There is only one question to ask:
Is the Shuluth that competes against the succubus paladin the Shuluth of Legacy?

RandomPrecision

First Post
NexH said:
There is only one question to ask:
Is the Shuluth that competes against the succubus paladin the Shuluth of Legacy?

Yup. And I'm betting that he'll lose, horribly. Bad excerpts don't win polls; things with boobs do.

Edit: I see that the message on top for the previous week's competition was "Four legs good, two legs bad." They obviously don't remember the end of that book..."Four legs good, two legs better."

Knight Otu said:
They've had worse excerpts. Honestly.

That excerpt seems to have multiple pages, covering Humans, Illumians, Sharakim, and the magic that you linked to. Illumians and Sharakim could interest people who would buy Races of Destiny, but the Mind Flayer excerpt doesn't tell me anything about Weapons of Destiny.

Legacy of the Dragons was an Arcana Unearthed (Arcana Evolved) "Monster"book - a lot of the monsters in there where a legacy of the Dramojh wo created them (while the Dramojh itself were a Legacy of the Dragons) - so maybe this Mind Flayer was created by someonelse and "left behind"?

Do you think "Mustrum of Legacy" works? Or "Ridcully of Legacy"? :/

Knight Otu

First Post
RandomPrecision said:
That excerpt seems to have multiple pages, covering Humans, Illumians, Sharakim, and the magic that you linked to. Illumians and Sharakim could interest people who would buy Races of Destiny, but the Mind Flayer excerpt doesn't tell me anything about Weapons of Destiny.
Technically true, but viewed alone, the Magic excerpt is worse than the mind flayer excerpt. Not that the mind flayer excerpt is good....

Knight Ol (Of Legacy)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads