• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Would you buy a Dark Sun setting book for 5e?

Would you buy a Dark Sun setting book for 5e?

• Yes, I like Dark Sun.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Probably yes, but I'd make sure to read some reviews first.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Probably no, unless WotC really does a spectacular job with the book.

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • No, I dislike Dark Sun.

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • I don't buy setting books.

Votes: 5 3.6%

Magister Ludorum

Adventurer
I couldn't vote because you conflate too many things in your poll.

I will buy a Dark Sun book because I will enjoy reading it, and I want the monsters, PC options, etc... that will be in the book.

However, the fact that I will buy it, does not mean that I love Dark Sun. I don't. I never have. I don't think a revised version of the setting will be for me either.

I'm not going to poop on other gamer's favorite setting by going into detail over why I don't like the setting.

Olrox17

Hero
I couldn't vote because you conflate too many things in your poll.

I will buy a Dark Sun book because I will enjoy reading it, and I want the monsters, PC options, etc... that will be in the book.

However, the fact that I will buy it, does not mean that I love Dark Sun. I don't. I never have. I don't think a revised version of the setting will be for me either.

I'm not going to poop on other gamer's favorite setting by going into detail over why I don't like the setting.
Sounds like the “probably yes, after reading reviews” might be the one for you.
After all, if you don’t like dark sun, would you buy it before even knowing what exactly is in the book and how good and useful the crunch inside is? I wouldn’t.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads