• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would you buy a hardcopy Tome of Horrors 3.5?

Another forgone conclusion here ... I would absolutely make that purchase.

I own the 3.0 HC, and have also printed and bound the 3.5 version. Unfortutunately, the images from the .pdf are slightly pixelated and the binding job is not the greatest (with either of my present copies, to be honest). So, yeah ... I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Paizo's hardcovers are beautifully produced, and worth every penny.

JoeGKushner

First Post
I have the 3.0 print version and the 3.5 PDF.

A purchase of the new book would depend on a few things.

1. Full color. I'm not going to plunk down $45 bones for a 3rd copy of something that's almost identical.

2. Updated art. The PDF took care of this a bit (as several of the monsters had been updated in several Necromancer products) but there's still more than a few dog eared pictures that could be updated.

3. To minimze the book's size in terms of it's exploded size on PDF, cut out all the Necromancer original monsters or those monsters that have been officially updated by WoTC.

Interesting that on Piazo Erik notes that they're considering it while Clark has said in essence that everything is on hold until at least Gen Con when they'll see if 4th ed is announced.

Gez

First Post
Not now. I don't DM as much as I used too, and am much less thrifty as a result. Last year, yeah, I would have bought it, especially if in full color.

Tharen the Damned

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
Interesting that on Piazo Erik notes that they're considering it while Clark has said in essence that everything is on hold until at least Gen Con when they'll see if 4th ed is announced.

Ahhh, you mentioned it! You summoned the dreaded 4th edition Thread. Beware, it will come and take this thread over.

Never mention it, nevere even think about it and 4th ed will never come!
;)

Nellisir

Hero
I'd probably buy it eventually, but I've got the 3.0 hardcover and the 3.5 pdf. Color, with new illustrations, would be a plus, as would an update to the statblock format and/or a little more fleshing out of monsters. Some of the entries are just too bare bones.

Remove ads