D&D General Would you fequent a gamer's hangout/bar?

R_J_K75

Legend
just as my local watering hole to hang out with friends for a beer.
If I had even a penny for everytime I told myself Im just going out for "A" beer Id be a very rich man. That never works, and more often than not whenever I say that the birds are chirping when I get home.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
If I had even a penny for everytime I told myself Im just going out for "A" beer Id be a very rich man. That never works, and more often than not whenever I say that the birds are chirping when I get home.
It's that whole redefining of terms thing that seems to come up so often in these threads.

Here I'm redefining the word "a" to mean "a not-zero number that could be whatever number I feel like that night". :)

Nope. I don’t have enough spoons for a public place like that. But anything that promotes the hobby in a healthy way is cool with me.

pming

Legend
Hiya!
A friend and I were talking about what would be the ideal adult gamer hangout. A business with private rooms for groups to use with nice gaming tables and TV's/monitors for GM's to use if they want, an area with good wargaming tables, a card gaming area, and possibly a small arcade with classic video games and /or pinball. Snack-type foods, maybe burgers/hot dogs/etc, and drinks (beer, but not liquor).

Would you and your group frequent such an establishment?
Sure would...on one condition: Anyone wishing to enter must past a "smell test". If any rank BO is detected...no admittance!

I have been to ONE game convention in my life (one in Calgary, Alberta). Towards late afternoon it was impossible to enter the wargamming room without having your eyes water, your nostrils burn, and your stomach dry-heave from the pungent aroma. I likened it to what it would be like going to one of the layers of the Nine Hells. Actually, scratch that. I'd prefer sulfur and brimstone!

^_^

Paul L. Ming

jasper

Rotten DM
A friend and I were talking about what would be the ideal adult gamer hangout. A business with private rooms for groups to use with nice gaming tables and TV's/monitors for GM's to use if they want, an area with good wargaming tables, a card gaming area, and possibly a small arcade with classic video games and /or pinball. Snack-type foods, maybe burgers/hot dogs/etc, and drinks (beer, but not liquor).

Would you and your group frequent such an establishment?
WE have one in town which serves liquor and did get their food license. Good thing age 21 limit kept the pre 18 years out. And we could have adult situations in game play. Bad. Not enough dms to keep tables small. Bad lightning in the old store. Noise occasionally was a problem like during a video game contest with gaming in same room. Bad bad thing. I don't need to drink and some days the smell would trigger me.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
We had such a place - a bar/restaurant with loads of dedicated gaming space, and a pretty impressive board game library. They tried so hard to survive covid, and got pretty innovative about it - they were the first restaurant around here I know that, back when basics like flour were hard to find, would use their restaurant suppliers to fill the gaps. Unfortunately, the pandemic killed the place.

Remove ads