Would You Get A D&D Tattoo?

How much of a D&D fan are you? Not as much as this guy, I'll warrant! D&D fan Sean Whissen has gotten the D&D ampersand tattooed onto his forearm. Sean posted this to Twitter with the caption "Check out my new ink!"

How much of a D&D fan are you? Not as much as this guy, I'll warrant! D&D fan Sean Whissen has gotten the D&D ampersand tattooed onto his forearm. Sean posted this to Twitter with the caption "Check out my new ink!"

Click on the image to jump to his Twitter post (under his Twitter name, @smob89). Has anybody else got a D&D tattoo?

CPjt-NKUsAAnDRO.jpg

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I would like to have a tattoo with the symbol of the Raven Queen, but as a blood donor I want to keep giving blood. So no tattoos for me :)

I believe that by the Red Cross current rules, getting a tattoo would put you out of giving blood for a year (long enough to tell if you'd caught anything from a less-than-clean needle). After that, you can go back to giving blood.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
I wouldn't go with the ampersand myself.

I agree it would have looked better with the black outline.

I have a few tattoos myself, the closet to a D&D one I have it my Yeti on the back shoulder. I got the nickname in the Marine Corps from another friend of mine that was into the novels.

If I was going with D&Dish one specially, I'd probably go with a beholder or a mindflayer. My next one is going on upper left arm.

And as was said before, research your artist. I'm fairly lucky I have a set of pretty good ones here in my town. The one has done all of mine except for one, and he will be doing a touch up of that one for me as well.
You do get what you pay for, quality is always worth the price in this case.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I'm generally fan of tattoos, and want more, but no, I'd never get one I don't think. I'm pretty picky. These are the ones I currently have. The second photo is the before pic I had taken before shaving my old man beard lol, but you can see it fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20210611_073959539~2.jpg
    IMG_20210611_073959539~2.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_20201226_124139920_BURST001.jpg
    IMG_20201226_124139920_BURST001.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 113

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I'm generally fan of tattoos, and want more, but no, I'd never get one I don't think. I'm pretty picky. These are the ones I currently have. The second photo is the before pic I had taken before shaving my old man beard lol, but you can see it fine.

My pop had more or less that same battlefield cross tattoo on his arm. Viet Nam vet. Nice work.

Its funny he had a couple from the 60's when he was in the Army and then in the 00's started getting more in his 50's-60's, which lead to me getting some...a viscous circle! I keep thinking do I want to get more "entertainment" related stuff done? Probably. But I'm cheap.

Sacrosanct

Legend
My pop had more or less that same battlefield cross tattoo on his arm. Viet Nam vet. Nice work.

Its funny he had a couple from the 60's when he was in the Army and then in the 00's started getting more in his 50's-60's, which lead to me getting some...a viscous circle! I keep thinking do I want to get more "entertainment" related stuff done? Probably. But I'm cheap.
It's a soldiers cross. Of any tattoo I ever get, I will never regret that one. I miss those guys.

I want this tattoo

what can u say?

Love the geometric design with the dice.

The "sword" art with the dice is an interesting concept. I appreciate the idea, but it also kinda looks like the sword hilt was done by a different artist than the dice. It will probably be fine with a little age and/or touch up work.

The watercolor-ish background swatch style is something I've been seeing increasingly. I have to admit I just don't "get" it.

Remove ads

Remove ads