Would You Get A D&D Tattoo?

How much of a D&D fan are you? Not as much as this guy, I'll warrant! D&D fan Sean Whissen has gotten the D&D ampersand tattooed onto his forearm. Sean posted this to Twitter with the caption "Check out my new ink!"

How much of a D&D fan are you? Not as much as this guy, I'll warrant! D&D fan Sean Whissen has gotten the D&D ampersand tattooed onto his forearm. Sean posted this to Twitter with the caption "Check out my new ink!"

Click on the image to jump to his Twitter post (under his Twitter name, @smob89). Has anybody else got a D&D tattoo?

CPjt-NKUsAAnDRO.jpg

Zak S

My original quote was really centered on the permanence of tattoos and to ensure that whoever gets one should do a good bit of thinking before putting something that (used to be) was going to be there forever.

People worry too much. If you get one you don't like, you can always just get more.

Tattoos are most definitely NOT for me and I can't conceive they ever would be. BUT, if I were to ever get one I think something D&D-related (dice, or a dragon?) would be it. It would NEVER be that large, but it would also NOT be monochromatic.

maimonidesvii

First Post
So, as the person with the "Carpe DM" tattoo earlier in the post...

In regards to making sure it's something that you'll like the rest of your life... I've been playing dnd most of my life. Even if I were to stop playing immediately, and never play again, it helped shaped who I am as a person, how I think, and a lot of my friendships. I have friends that I have been playing with since I was 10 years old, and we still play every week today. My tattoo isn't necessarily about dnd, it's about how dnd has changed my life, which will ALWAYS be true.

Mock26

First Post
No, but I do have a BattleTech tattoo (House Kurita logo on my left calf). It is not that I have anything against D&D, but whatever my next tattoo is (or would be) it will be based on fantasy or mythology. For my BattleTech tattoo I did not get it because it was BattleTech. I got it because I was looking for a dragon and the logo was exactly what I was looking for at that time. The fact that I love BattleTech and my favorite House is Kurita are just bonus points. In other words, it is the design that I am interested in, not where it comes from. If my next tattoo comes from a piece of D&D art work or inspiration, then so be it. If not, then so be it.

Mock26

First Post
My original quote was really centered on the permanence of tattoos and to ensure that whoever gets one should do a good bit of thinking before putting something that (used to be) was going to be there forever.
I spent two years deciding whether or not I wanted a tattoo. And once I made that decision it was another 3 years before I settled on a design. Granted, I did not search every day, but a couple times a month I would go through art books, search online, visit tattoo shops, but it is not like I would go months without searching. I have no regrets, over getting it or the design.

Yeah, I’ve been playing D&D for almost 30 years, and it’s brought a lot of joy and personal growth even. I think that counts as warranting some ink.

But not every tattoo has to be profound. Sometimes it’s okay to get a piece of ink just because it’ll look cool.

In regards to making sure it's something that you'll like the rest of your life... I've been playing dnd most of my life. Even if I were to stop playing immediately, and never play again, it helped shaped who I am as a person, how I think, and a lot of my friendships. I have friends that I have been playing with since I was 10 years old, and we still play every week today. My tattoo isn't necessarily about dnd, it's about how dnd has changed my life, which will ALWAYS be true.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I have no tattoos, but I would do it with a BECMI logo. If it wasn't for discovering the game, I probably would not have had the huge passion for reading and history that I enjoy today. So yes, for me it would seem appropriate. Maybe I'll get one when I retire.

Remove ads

Remove ads