D&D General Would You Play This Theme?

Zardnaar

Legend
I ran this back in 3.5. Assume it's updated to 5E if it helps.

Theme. Drow underdark game in a Lolthite city

Evil alignments. Allowed.

Book of Vile Darkness is allowed.

That was the last time I ran an evil game. Cleric animated a bulette and sacrificed captives.

Thoughts?

Nope.

D&D, with its whole alignment thing, means any evil game for me is a hard pass. For me D&D has always been a game of good vs. evil, with the players firmly opposed to the evil part. They are supposed to be heroes saving the helpless villagers or rescuing the prince from the clutches of an evil sorceress.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Most of it is fine.
Book of Teen Darkness is more of a joke meme these days. I would skip this part.
There were a couple potentially useful spellsfeats etc but for pcs the most likely to be useful was that liquid pain covered crafting exp needs

R_J_K75

Legend
Id play it with the right group of players and DM. As long as everyone understands two things.

1) Just because the party is evil doesn't mean they cant work together for their own personal reasons or towards a common goal

2) Chances are if alignments play out chances are there will likely be betrayal, backstabbing (literally and figuratively) at some point in the campaign within that group but not gauranteed.

As long as everyone was OK with that I'd be in

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I don't remember Jim Beam in the BoVD?
You could torture people and add some magic stuff to distil it into a useful form. I'm currently on my phone so cant grab details but it pretty much amounted to torturing accumulated exp out of people so you could use it with crafting

Remove ads