WotC What is the last WotC adventure you played in or DM'd?

S'mon

Legend
Before Xmas I was doing a Phandelver/Icefang Peak mashup. The Icefang Peak mini adventures were quite good I thought. Still not enjoying Phandelver much, & I've tried to GM it at least three times now sigh. Other people say they like it but it's never worked for me, it always goes off the rails.

Birmy

Adventurer
I've never DMed official WotC 5e content (mostly affiliated-but-not-official AL mods at conventions), but as a player I'm in the middle of a multi-year Rime of the Frostmaiden campaign. We started in late 2020 over Discord (not to my taste) and gradually transitioned to in-person as the COVID-19 vaccine rolled out. I think we're in the final throes of the campaign now (based on level and the fact that we already took out Auril), but there's still a lot of dangling plot clean-up we need to do. I'm having a great time with it, though I suspect playing a character I greatly enjoy has a lot to do with that.

Due to the length of this campaign, we're looking at taking a break and then doing some one-shots and a shorter, homebrew campaign led by another player, though our Rime DM is already talking about running Dungeon of the Mad Mage (continuing with the same characters we played in his Dragon Heist campaign some years back).

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
The last one I played in was Out of the Abyss when it first came out. I really liked the prison break, but the campaign fizzled. The last WOTC thing that I DM'ed was some AL adventures in 2015-2016.

The best thing out of those experiences was that I discovered an awesome FLGS.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I am playing in Dragon Heist at the moment, which has been fine so far, and ran the original Curse of Strahd module a few years ago. CoS was a really fun module, but it had poor presentation for VTT which is where I ran it from. I had a ton of help from the Reddit, and got some maps from the store as well.

pogre

Legend
The last WOTC module I ran was a couple of chapters from Wild Beyond the Witchlight and quite enjoyed it. I am currently running the Temple of Elemental Evil, but it is the Goodman Games version.

Hussar

Legend
I am playing in Dragon Heist at the moment, which has been fine so far, and ran the original Curse of Strahd module a few years ago. CoS was a really fun module, but it had poor presentation for VTT which is where I ran it from. I had a ton of help from the Reddit, and got some maps from the store as well.
One thing that has really taken off in the past few years is the absolute mountain of goodies for WotC adventures. Doesn't matter which adventure you care to look at, there's just SO MUCH STUFF!!! And really pretty stuff too.

Remove ads