• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wrath of the Righteous

Shayuri

First Post
Levitation. Shayuri's hands clenched and unclenched, as if she could grab that magic out of the air for herself. It was almost flying.

"How much weight can you carry with you into the air?" she asked. "Maybe YOU can be the bridge. We just have one person go across. Then have someone on each side tie a rope to you. Then we can pull you in either direction as often as we like. If you can carry another person...you can just ferry each of us over."

81Dagon

Explorer
"I couldn't, strength was never my strong point, so to speak and I can't see anyhow. The spell could target someone else though. Do we have any other similar magics? It may be easier if we had two people carrying a third across with the ropes, but I only have one levitate prepared."

Space_Titanium

First Post
[section]Jorgun Revendka, Male Human Inquisitor 1

Jorgun cocks his head in thought. "I thought one of us had access to such magic given our special "gifts" we received. Could we not use that?"

[/section]
[sblock=Character Sheet]Jorgun Revendka
Male Human Inquisitor 1
LN medium humanoid
Init +3 Senses Normal Vision Listen +6 Spot +6
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13
hp 10
Fort 4 ,Ref 3 ,Will 4
OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft
Melee Longbow 3 (1d8/x3) or Greatsword 2 (2d6+3/19-20/x2)
Space 5 Reach 5
STATISTICS
STR 14 DEX 16 CON 14 INT 12 WIS 14 CHA 8
Base Atk 0 Grp20
Feats Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Skills Climb +5, Knowledge (nature) +5, Knowledge (planes) +5, Knowledge (religion) +5, Perception +6, Sense Motive +7, Stealth +6, Survival +6, Swim +5, Climb +5, Knowledge (nature) +5
Languages Common, Hallit
Gear Longbow, Greatsword, Arrows (20), Holy Symbol - Silver, Backpack , Bedroll , Pouch - belt (empty), Flint and Steel, Holly, Pot - iron, Mess kit, Torch (2), Rations - trail (per day) (2), Waterskin , Kit - Gear Maintenance, Traveler's outfit , Wooden Flute, Holy Text of Erastil[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Medjai's tail lashes excitedly, and the plates of bone move around a little more rapidly under his pale skin. "Aye, we did! One did. Whatever. The point is you're right, Jorgun! Now, which of us had that scale . . . mine does not grant that power."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]--[/sblock]
Paladin (Shining Knight/Warrior of the Holy Light) 01

Init +1, HP 11/11, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 16
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4

Base Attack Bonus +1
GreatSword +5 (2d6+6, 19/x2)
EarthBreaker +5 (2d6+6, 20/x3)
Dagger +5 (+2 Ranged, 10') (1d4+4, 19/x2)
Cestus +5 (1d4+4)

Lamellar (Leather) Armor (+4 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 Natural)

Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 11, Int 08, Wis 14, Cha 14

Condition None
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Sorry all! Was away over the weekend, and lost my place in this thread!)

Shayuri gives Hannah a blank look, and then brightens. Of course, SCALE, not like a merchant's scale. The scale!

"You mean this?"

She brings out the large, shell-like silvery platter.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize it had...powers. It was a gift from a dragon? I thought you'd just...found it...or something."

She holds it out, though clearly with a little reluctance. Her curiosity is now well and truly roused.

Space_Titanium

First Post
[section]Jorgun Revendka, Male Human Inquisitor 1

"Try it. We know it's a parting gift from the great dragon, a power entrusted only to us. Simply try it." Jorgun looks levelly at Shayuri, watching silently as she makes her decision.

[/section]
[sblock=Character Sheet]Jorgun Revendka
Male Human Inquisitor 1
LN medium humanoid
Init +3 Senses Normal Vision Listen +6 Spot +6
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13
hp 10
Fort 4 ,Ref 3 ,Will 4
OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft
Melee Longbow 3 (1d8/x3) or Greatsword 2 (2d6+3/19-20/x2)
Space 5 Reach 5
STATISTICS
STR 14 DEX 16 CON 14 INT 12 WIS 14 CHA 8
Base Atk 0 Grp20
Feats Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Skills Climb +5, Knowledge (nature) +5, Knowledge (planes) +5, Knowledge (religion) +5, Perception +6, Sense Motive +7, Stealth +6, Survival +6, Swim +5, Climb +5, Knowledge (nature) +5
Languages Common, Hallit
Gear Longbow, Greatsword, Arrows (20), Holy Symbol - Silver, Backpack , Bedroll , Pouch - belt (empty), Flint and Steel, Holly, Pot - iron, Mess kit, Torch (2), Rations - trail (per day) (2), Waterskin , Kit - Gear Maintenance, Traveler's outfit , Wooden Flute, Holy Text of Erastil[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri faltered, then looked at the scale.

She nodded.

"Lets work out exactly what to do though. Unless the magic works without limit, we'll need to act fast."

When the ropes are all tied, and the spells are ready to be case, she concentrates on the scale and tries to coax forth the power within it.

(OOC - Trying to move it forward while still leaving some narrative space to get our plan together. :))

81Dagon

Explorer
Shayuri is able to coax the power out of the scale and levitate off the ground with the pillar of clouds below her. She is able to scale her way across the crevasse by pushing herself along the wall, then tie off the rope on the opposite side. While the scale doesn't have an unlimited duration, Shayuri can tell that she has just under twenty minutes from the spell's activation before its effects wear off.

Shayuri

First Post
With the rope secured, Shayuri was quick to come to the point.

"Now, you cast the levitation spell too, and I'll use the rope here to come back across. We can ferry people across, one at a time each. We'll be done well before the spell wears off!"

She starts pulling her weightless self back over the ravine to the group...clearly enjoying the sensation of semi-flight very much!

Remove ads