• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WTF Blizzard? A complaint about Dual Specs in patch 3.1

Calico_Jack73

First Post
My jaw about hit the floor when I saw this link...

http://www.wowinsider.com/photos/patch-3-1-dual-spec-walkthrough/1383480/

Excuse me... 1000g to purchase the ability to Dual Spec? I've never even had 100g at once. The most I had was a couple nights ago before (like an idiot) I blew 80g on a Mana Wyrmling pet. I don't know what came over me... I was giddy at having that much money at once.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Blizzard REALLY needs to reconsider the cost of dual specs. WoW is still just a game and the purpose of all games is to have fun. I think Dual Specs should cost maybe 100g and be available at level 40. This means that only high level players and their low level alts will be able to afford them. Hell, I've seen high level players expressing the difficulty THEY have with coming up with that amount of cash. How is adding this feature making the game any more "Fun" for new players?

Drat... I was really looking forward to making my Druid both a Feral Tank AND a Boomkin.

hafrogman

Adventurer
It's not designed to make the game more fun for new players. The game is already plenty fun for new players. Their problem is retention of people at high levels. Once you hit the level cap, frequent respeccing between a PvP spec and a raiding spec can get costly.

The dual spec is designed to provide savings for those people who were already respeccing multiple times each DAY.

If you're low level, don't bother with it. Just level up. If you want to try out different specs, it's only a few gold.

At the level cap it's not that hard to gather that much money at all. Last time I played I was level 70, and I saved up for my flying mount. At level 80 it's only going to be that much easier.

Rackhir

Explorer
Once you hit the level cap, you can pick up 1000 g in a shockingly short period of time doing dailies. It's possible to easily make 300-400 gold in a day doing them.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Or go back and do quests once you hit the level cap. You can get a scary amount of gold that way, too.

Remember, you're going to have to spend at least 2100g for flying for Northrend (regular flying + mount + cold weather flying), and if you're a gatherer you'll want epic flight (another 5k).

My paladin, alone, has spent well over 20k gold in the time I've played WoW, between flight, his Grand Ice Mammoth, and buying mats for leveling blacksmithing. I currently have a bit under 4k gold on him. Gold is easy to find.

Bear in mind that the dual spec is NOT NECESSARY. It's nice to have, but that's it. I'm going to get it on my paladin and my priest, but I don't plan on spending the money on the rogue, because it's simply not worth it, since I don't PVP with her.

Brad

Vocenoctum

First Post
I'd really prefer it to be lower, but I'm not the intended audience I assume. Like mentioned above, some players would respec every time they wanted to do something different. A raid spec, a pvp spec, a farming spec... at 50g a pop, that adds up.

I mostly wanted it to have my regular spec and be able to try something new on.

As for money, I've got 4 level 80's with epic flight. I've been tapped out before, but money flows pretty freely, so if you're level 80 and don't have more than 80g at a time, you're ignoring something.

Thanee

First Post
You can always buy the gold on... nevermind. :lol: ;)

No, seriously, it's exactly the right thing to put a high price tag on that.
The only other option would be to offer it basically free of charge, really.

They know what they are doing. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Calico_Jack73

First Post
I mostly wanted it to have my regular spec and be able to try something new on.

That's my thing. Normally I play a Feral Druid built to Tank. There are some days that I wouldn't mind playing a more shooty druid with my talents spent on the Balance tree. For me it isn't about being better suited to raids or PvP... for me it is about changing up the game to prevent me from getting bored with it.

Last edited:

Vocenoctum

First Post
That's my thing. Normally I play a Feral Druid built to Tank. There are some day that I wouldn't mind playing a more shooty druid with my talents spend on the Balance tree. For me it isn't about being better suited to raids or PvP... for me it is about changing up the game to prevent me from getting bored with it.

I've got a balance druid and wanted it for her to be able to go Resto or Feral if I wanted, and may pay the 1k for it. I also have a prot warrior, holy priest, affliction lock, but I can't see paying for them.

The thing to keep in mind is that you can still respec for occasional fun switchs, it maxes out at 50g each, but not like you'll do it a lot. When I look at the tab for switching from boomkin to kittie, the gear will run be expensive anyway.

Vocenoctum

First Post
You can always buy the gold on... nevermind. :lol: ;)

No, seriously, it's exactly the right thing to put a high price tag on that.
The only other option would be to offer it basically free of charge, really.

They know what they are doing. ;)

Bye
Thanee

The currently spammed price is 1k gold for $17, I'm sure there's lower, but that's just silly. a day or three of real work can get 1k easy, and I can't see buying 1k. If you need 10k for something, that'd be a lot of money.

The fact that they still refer to it as "gold farming" is the problem really. Most of the time it's not guys wandering around making money in game and selling you that, it's keyloggers and stolen accounts. You're paying for someone to steal gold for you.

And of course, when it becomes known, your account will get locked and you'll lose it all anyway.

Remove ads