• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X-Men/X-Changed, Issue1: Trial By Fire

Velenne

Explorer
Radiant,

Per my general post, I'll have to step down from this game. I think it's simple enough to say that Flex finds the whole 'being an X-man' thing a bit overwhelming and respectfully declines Xavier's offer to help out Scott and the others. Again, sorry.

-Nate

Hellzon

First Post
Radiant said:
"Boy you look cute and that attempt to threaten me sure is too. So just stay out of the way."
"Not likely, miss. I'm sorry." The motorcycle rears up and slams into Rogue. Meanwhile, Frank backs away from the car and looks up and down the street for more parked vehicles small enough for him to animate. OOC: ...and will do so, given time.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
00:30
Danny Rand's place

Angela said:
"I... I don't know if there is actually anybody following me. Sometimes, when people left, they would send these big men in white coats to retrieve them." She paused, realizing that she probably wasn't making much sense. "I escaped from Shady Pines Asylum. I had to. They were doing... tests. With new drugs, and big needles... and electricity...."

Brandon took an involuntary step back as he heard her tale, thinking, 'I bet that's what would happen to me too, if some authority found out about my abilities.'

Brandon looked at Danny, then stepped back to the food spread and dug in. Between mouthfuls, Brandon said, "That sounds kinda harsh, but it kinda begs the next question so I'll bite . . . why were you in there in the first place - because of your powers?"

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
-Shar, Data
08:13
On the street in front of Frank's place

It is not exactly a truck but then the girl ain't exactly tall either. She gets thrown sideways and her face hits the road hard then the bike slams into her.
(attack roll of18 against flat footed opponent)
"Rogue!!!"
The women in thecar looks shoked and for an instant you think her hair ripples and looks red instead of blond as she tries to get out of the door.
Then the girl in green pushs herself into a sitting postion and brushes some dust from her face. Amazingly there is no trace of even some torn skin there she hit the road. Shars super senses make it easy to see that the whole impact didn't leave the slightest trace.
(Protection reduced the damage bunus beneath +0 so it had no effect.
"Ok some broken ribs it is then!"
She snaps if to herself or to you is hard to guess. Then she simply lifts up the bike in one hand and throws it at Frank like it was made of paper.
It hits him with a sickening crunch.
(attack roll of 16. save of 5, uses hero point and gets 17 on reroll. Save failed by 6, stunned and hit)
"Maybe an arm too."

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
Focussing on the rather frightening woman in front of her, and wary of the driver, Sharon spins her staff around, and jabs the end into Rogue's stomach. The end lets out an energy pulse as she thrusts the staff forward. She quickly steps back, staying on her guard.

Using my Thunderstick. Attack +8, Stun Power +6 (DC 16), not damaging so protection won't help if I do hit. I'll use a hero point to re-roll on the attack if I get a die roll below 12 this round.

"Who the hell are you people?" she says, more than a bit unprepared for this. "Frank? Frank are you ok?" she asks, looking around her with her senses, trying to gauge his situation, and hoping her bike is still able to run. Charles, what have you gotten me into? she asks herself.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Danny Rand's place

Brandon looked at Danny, then stepped back to the food spread and dug in. Between mouthfuls, Brandon said, "That sounds kinda harsh, but it kinda begs the next question so I'll bite . . . why were you in there in the first place - because of your powers?"

"Kinda...." She bit her lower lip, not wanting to go on, but she was committed to telling the truth. Besides, they said confession was good for the soul, right? "I was trying to get a divorce, and that made my husband angry., He tried to hit me and I... I accidentally burned him. I didn't know I was a mutant before then."

Radiant

First Post
-Shar, Data
08:13
On the street in front of Frank's place

As powerfull as Rogue is, she is no trained fighter and so Shar's praciticed moves hit her right with perfect aim. (Attack total of 26)
She doubles over in pain then the shok hits her, it can't hurt her but sure as hell distract her (fortitude save of 12, failed by 4).

Initiative:
Data 7 (is stunned though)
Shar 7
Rogue 12 (is still in shok)
Mystique 9

The women with the wildly changin haircolour went from relieved to worried again within seconds. She draws a nasty looking military pistol and targets Shar right away but the bullet gets deflected by force tendril without much effort.

Calinon

First Post
Sharon steps back, collapsing her staff, and yanks her bike off of Frank. She could fix the cosmetic damage later, but getting away would be good. "I need you up, Frank. Now!" she shouts at him, as she pushes the starter, praying it will fire up.

If it does start...

Sharon points her collapsed staff at the bottom of the limosine, and triggers an energy blast at the limosine tires. "Let's go, Frank!" she shouts again, preparing to hop on the bike.

Thunderstick: +8 to attack (ranged), 6L to the tire.

If it doesn't start...

Sharon lets out a very unladylike curse and shoves her bike forward to roll at the limo. Inwardly, she smiles at the sloshing sound in the gas tank. I really loved this bike, she thinks to herself as she lets loose an energy blast from her collapsed staff at the gas tank, hoping to cause it to explode and send the gun toting women scrambling for cover. Maybe this will knock that girl for a bigger loop too, she thinks to herself.

Thunderstick: +8 to attack (ranged), 6L to the gas tank. Come on movie explosion! Oh, and if I can't blast it this round, I'll blast it next unless I'm getting beat on. I'm not picky :)

Hellzon

First Post
Frank groans, holding his chest. Feels like she kept her promise about broken ribs. "Well, yeah, now seems like a good time to leave." He steps over to the bike, ready to hop on if Sharon gets it started.

OOC: Will spend an HP to unstun if possible and needed. Last post from me for a while then.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Danny Rand's place

Angela said:
"I was trying to get a divorce, and that made my husband angry., He tried to hit me and I... I accidentally burned him. I didn't know I was a mutant before then."

"Whoa, that sounds serious," Brandon said. "How old were you when that happened? . . .err . . . I mean . . . you too young to have been married and all . . . ummm . . . just wondering when you learned you could burn . . . "

Brandon's embarassment over asking the question and blundering caused him to return concentration to his sandwich. Though he did glance up occasionally to see if everything was okay. 'Feels hot in here . . . got to calm down or I'll accidentally fry something . . . breathe . . . breathe . . . think football, something . . .

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads