• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X-Men/X-Changed, Issue1: Trial By Fire

Dark Nemesis

First Post
"Brandon" pauses, looking quizzically from Phoenix to Cyclops. She did not recognize the latter, but she did recognize the the former. "Brandon!" With a happy squeal, she moves forward to hug him, not bothering to drop her disguise.

Radiant

First Post
-Phoenix, Gemini, Cyclops
17:18
Westchester, New York
The Xavier Institute of Higher Learning at Graymalkin Lake, Sublevel 1

Gemini said:
"Brandon" pauses, looking quizzically from Phoenix to Cyclops. She did not recognize the latter, but she did recognize the the former. "Brandon!" With a happy squeal, she moves forward to hug him, not bothering to drop her disguise.

"Oh boy there's two of you?"

Then Angela runs towards Brandon Cyclops drops his shades and an incredibly bright beam of kinetic energiy hits the floor between the two.

"Fair warining, who the hell are you and why do you look like Brandon?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Brandon Laine (Phoenix)

Westchester, New York

Gemini said:
"Brandon" pauses, looking quizzically from Phoenix to Cyclops. "Brandon!"

Brandon was just as surprised to see himself as Cyclops was, but Brandon remembered that Angela had looked like him just recently . . . so it must be her. PLus, the squeal was decidedly not something a guy would do, that’s when he was certain that it must be Angela, with her ability to change into other people. As ‘Brandon’ moved toward him . . .

Cyclops said:
"Oh boy there's two of you?" Then Angela runs towards Brandon Cyclops drops his shades and an incredibly bright beam of kinetic energy hits the floor between the two. "Fair warning, who the hell are you and why do you look like Brandon?"

Brandon had almost had enough of Mister one-eye. It looked to Brandon like he tried to hit Angela, whom Brandon was very protective of at the moment. Brandon’s body heat rose at an alarming rate, flames licking at his arms and face.

Brandon whipped his head around to regard Cyclops, his eyes flaming sockets, “Buddy, it’s fourth and long, do ya really want to take a shot?” He moved to stand in front of Cyclops, blocking him from harming Angela.

Last edited:

Hellzon

First Post
Frank "Data" Morrisson /2 HP /On the run

Calinon said:
"The police radios are going nuts. I can't make heads or tails of it," Shar says, wincing and willing her ability to hear the radio signals away for the time being. "I bet it's those guys that are after us. Maybe we finally got some luck."

"You can hear radio too!?", Frank says."Yeah, maybe we could head for Mr. Xavier's place now that both the police and the terrorists are busy with each other. Like, now? I'm getting fidgety with that blue woman in the backseat."

Radiant

First Post
-Phoenix, Gemini, Cyclops
Westchester, New York

"So I take it he's with you. Or rather her I asume. Shapechangers..."
Shrugging Summer puts his glasses back there they belong. Maybe he blinks then Phoenix draws on his powers but it wouldn't be visible. Otherwise he shows no reaction.
"Listen boy, you wana be an X-Man you gota do a lot better than that. How long do you have those powers? Whatever trick you can pull you don't have the training to cope with me. Despite this is my home turf. I could take you out with a single word. Knock-Out Gas? Automtic tranq guns? The choice is yours. But I need your help so let's not do that. Tell you what, I'll show you how to fight and if your good enough you can beat the crap out of me thenever we are training. Just don't complain if you eat dirt the first few times. If you want to be an X-Man you have to do lot better than this."

Calinon

First Post
"Yeah, I can," Shar replies. "And I can see in the dark, things that are invisible to the naked eye, telescope in on things. I can even see in a 360 degree field around me and I can see through things. Want me to tell you if it's boxers or briefs?" she says with an arched eyebrow. "And I can hear things well beyond human range."

She glances back and down at Mystique without turning. "I wouldn't worry much about her. She's in bad shape; I don't think she'll be causing any problems, at least until we can get those injuries looked at by the Professor or Jean. I'd love to be at the professor's place now, but we'll get there. I've been heading that way since this craziness started."

"I just hope I didn't hurt the girl when I bonked her on the head. I have no idea what her powers are, but she's definitely a mutant too."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Phoenix [Brandon Laine]

Westchester, New York

Cyclops said:
"Listen boy, . . . blah, blah . . . . If you want to be an X-Man you have to do lot better than this."

Or at least that's what Brandon heard. He started snickering right about after 'boy' and was laughing fully by the time Cyclops had finished. Simultaneously, he cooled, his eyes returning to normal about the same time Cyclops was finished.

"Dude, you have got to be the leader, right?" Brandon said, still laughing, not at Cyclops but being good-natured. "Either that or Professor Xavier's got classes for 'high and mighty speeches'. Seriously, man, lighten up or you'll just snap and I won't have to wipe the floor with you after my training. Jeesh, one too many two-a-days, huh? We'll have to talk to the Professor about having you hit some waves, soak in some sun, or somethin'."

Brandon turned back to Angela, "Ang, ya oughta change out of me. I'm happy to see you . . . and hugging myself would just be way to weird - even for me."

Last edited:

Hellzon

First Post
Data: 2 HP / Wearing boxers

Calinon said:
"Want me to tell you if it's boxers or briefs?" she says with an arched eyebrow.
"Why... box... eh, I mean... right. Anyway, as you probably figured out already, I'm an A-grade geek. You need a machine fixed, or even want it to take a walk, I'm your man. Some would say I'm kind of smart too," Frank says with a sigh. But would a smart person end up in this kind of situation?
Calinon said:
She glances back and down at Mystique without turning. "I wouldn't worry much about her. She's in bad shape; I don't think she'll be causing any problems, at least until we can get those injuries looked at by the Professor or Jean. I'd love to be at the professor's place now, but we'll get there. I've been heading that way since this craziness started."
"Sounds like a plan."

Calinon

First Post
"Like you did with my bike," she says with a hint of a frown. "You know, I really loved that bike. Oh well," she sighs. "Charles will replace it I'm sure. Don't sweat it. And you should look at it this way. If you'd gone with her and supergirl, you'd be with the psycho murderers instead of running from them. This is soooooo much better," she says with a bit of a chuckle.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads