X4-5: across the mountains - IC

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=WD]You figure it's about 2 hours before midnight, maybe a little less.[/sblock]

The coals in the hearth of in blacksmith's shed are even more disturbed than before. Evidently, the reptillian creature had been hidden beneath them, and had crawled out for its nightly stalking.

To the north of the shed is a long building with many doors, with an image of a guardian spirit painted on each door.

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin Rockhammer Dwarf Rogue2/Enchanter6, AC20 FF17 T15, ASF 5%, HP44/44, F+4,R+8,W+5 In Dark Orange
And
Rajah Al-Qadim Human Dread Necromancer 8, AC20 FF18 T12, HP50/50, F+6,R+6,W+8 In Yellow

Bevin and Rajah both point at the many bleeding wounds on Aram and Nargon and say:

"Those two look hurt to me."

"But we're doing just fine, thanks."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=character arguments]
[sblock=ooc]It would be interesting to see how an argument between Bevin and Rajah would go :p[/sblock]
OOC: You know, I contemplated that very thing just a day or so ago. I even considered doing it, but, then, I thought that you might not appreciate me totally hijacking your thread to "yell at myself."
:D
And let's face it: In the present circumstances it's a forgone conclusion who would win such an argument.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Sorry for the slow posting this week, but things have been hectic. My assistant is out sick, and so I'm doing double duty at the office...which leads to absolutely no desire to log back onto a computer after work. :)

Aram looks to his wounds, and then nods to Girgal. "I believe both Nargon and I could use a bit of healing, though nothing major. I'd prefer to be in top form should any more surprises be waiting for us, though."

The derivsh then moves into the blacksmith's shed, to look for any valuables or clues as to the creature's origin or the nature of the curse that affects the monastary.

Rhun

First Post
While the others move to search the blacksmith's shed, Nargon remains on his guard, keeping an eye open for any further threats.

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin Rockhammer Dwarf Rogue2/Enchanter6, AC20FF17T15, ASF 5%, HP44/44, F+4,R+8,W+5 Words In Dark Orange

And

Rajah Al-Qadim Human Dread Necromancer 8, AC20 FF18 T12, HP50/50, F+6,R+6,W+8 Words In Yellow

The two arcanists moved into the blacksmiths shed to check things out with the others. Bevin remained in the center portion of the shop looking carefully all about. Rajah, in contrast, immediately dived into the deepest, darkest corners of the shop, skulking into places not even visible from the open areas of the place and even crawling under things to get a look at them from below.

[sblock=phase 1]Welcome to Phase 1 of Leif's plan to differentiate Bevin and Rajah. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
There is not much in the blacksmith's shed of interest, unless you want to try digging in the coals where the monster apparently had been hidden using a rusty shovel, which would take some time.

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 59/59, F +11,R+8,W+13

Girgal stays outside with Aram, looking for further trouble. He deeply prefers the outside world and the nightwind on his skin.

[sblock=ooc]
used Spells: Detect Magic, Enhance Wildshape, Spirit Jaws, SNA4.

Spot+15, Listen+17

Ripclaw has:
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+13, Move Silently+9
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin Rockhammer Dwarf Rogue2/Enchanter6, AC20FF17T15, ASF 5%, HP44/44, F+4,R+8,W+5 Words In Dark Orange
And
Rajah Al-Qadim Human Dread Necromancer 8, AC20 FF18 T12, HP50/50, F+6,R+6,W+8 Words In Yellow

There is not much in the blacksmith's shed of interest, unless you want to try digging in the coals where the monster apparently had been hidden using a rusty shovel, which would take some time.
Bevin will wait near the door while Rajah digs in the coals with the shovel. He says, "Make that quick work, Rajah, the others look impatient already!" Rajah replies, Oh, keep your drawers on Dwarf! I'm digging as fast as I can (or as fast as I'm going to, anyway)."

Remove ads