• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X4-5: across the mountains - IC

kinem

Adventurer
Inside, there is a clear space in front of each door where grain has been taken out. Beyond the clear area, the grain is piled nearly to the ceiling. It is dusty and gray. It is obvious that the supply is old and dry-rotted beyond use.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin Rockhammer Dwarf Rogue2/Enchanter6, AC20FF17T15, ASF 5%, HP44/44, F+4,R+8,W+5
Words in dark orange
and
Rajah Al-Qadim Human Dread Necromancer 8, AC20 FF18 T12, HP50/50, F+6,R+6,W+8
Words in yellow

Bevin has grown weary of digging, and he stops.. "This is futile, I quit." And, with that, he walks out to join the rest of the party. Rajah, on the other hand, just scowls and continues to dig, "Confounded, flighty Dwarves! This is more fun without having to listen to his grumbling, anyway!"

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Aram frowns as he consideres the rotted grain. He moves to rejoin Nargon and the others. "Judging from the state of the granary, I don't know what the monks here eat. All of the grain is dry-rotted and worthless. It seems odd to me that these folks would not take better care of their food supplies."

kinem

Adventurer
Rajah's hard work finally seems to pay off as his shovel strikes something hard. With a bit more effort, he uncovers a battleaxe. Though dirty, it appears to be in good condition.

Further digging reveals some remains of what must have been meals for the monster. Among this he finds a silver ring.

Nothing else of interest is turned up in the coal pit.

ooc: There are other building around the compound if you want to explore further. All is quiet now. You can return to the guest house for the rest of the night.

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin Rockhammer Dwarf Rogue2/Enchanter6, AC20FF17T15, ASF 5%, HP44/44, F+4,R+8,W+5
Words in dark orange
and
Words in yellow

Beving approaches his friends, and upon learning what they have discovered, says, "Hmm, they haven't been eating, then, or they've been getting their food from somewhere else. That would suggest to me that they're either undead who do not need to eat, or else that they're cannibals who've been eating travelers that come here. Oh, my!"

Shortly after this, Rajah comes out, proudly brandishing the silver ring. "See, I told you there was something down there. I found some bones, too, that probably once belonged to the owner of this ring. There wasn't enough of the remains left for me to have any fun with, however. What a waste! Oh, and there's also a battleaxe that I uncovered. It's in surprisingly good condition."

OOC: Kinem, I don't know, offhand, if Rajah has any way to detect magic other than the old fashioned way (a spell), but if he can do so, he will scan both the ring and the battleaxe for magic.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"The monks certainly don't look like undead to me," says Aram to Bevin. "And if they were cannibals, they were the friendliest cannibals I've ever met." The dervish gives a low chuckle, and turns to Rajah. "You can detect the presence of undead creatures, can you not?"

Leif

Adventurer
"You can detect the presence of undead creatures, can you not?"
Words in yellow
Rajah says, "Yes, I have that spell, if that's what you mean."

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=Leif]Rajah would need to cast a detect magic spell.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rhun]Nargon can detect magic at will. Assuming he does so, he will find that both the ring and the battleaxe are magical (faint auras).[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 59/59, F +11,R+8,W+13

"I think we will find nothing more here. Use your spell to know, if they are undead. And not all cannibals have to been unfriendly. Humans don't count count as cannibalism for a dwarf, you know?" Girgal says with a grin, showing his slightly pointed teeth.

[sblock=ooc]
used Spells: Detect Magic, Enhance Wildshape, Spirit Jaws, SNA4.

Spot+15, Listen+17

Sorry, just got a Dark Sun flashback :D

Ripclaw has:
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+13, Move Silently+9
[/sblock]

Remove ads