• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X4-5: across the mountains - IC

Rhun

First Post
Thanks for the head's up, Kinem!

Nargon studies the ring and the battleaxe, the half-orc's eyes glowing like smoldering coals as he examines the items. "Both of these bear faint magical dweomers upon them," he says quietly. "But I am unsure of what their purpose is."

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin Rockhammer Dwarf Rogue2/Enchanter6, AC20FF17T15, ASF 5%, HP44/44, F+4,R+8,W+5
Words in dark orange

Bevin draws himself to his full height, turns to Girgal, and says, "Anyone who will eat a Dwarf will surely eat a Halfling! Dwarven meat is very tough, but from what I hear, halfling meat just falls off the bone."

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=abbey map]
abbey.gif
[/sblock]

The group takes the opportunity to explore the grounds while the monks are presumably asleep.

ooc: Let me know what you want to explore and I will provide more details.

B: The guest house where the party is supposed to stay

C: The stables

D: The granary Aram looked at

E: A wooden roof is built over this well; on the ground beside it is a bucket and a 70’ rope. The water is 60’ below the mouth of the well.

F: This building is made of plastered and whitewashed stone. A band of red and green 3’ from the ground circles the entire building. In front of the doors is a 6’ circle of black earth. As in the guest house, the doors have eyes painted on them.

G: The blacksmith's shed where Rajah was digging

H: This is a plain building, plastered and whitewashed stone.

I: Another plain building.

J: On the ground in front of the doors is a blue circle of clay. On the front doors are the eyes like those found on the other houses in the compound. Painted on the outer wall, 3’ from the ground, is a rainbow band of blue, green, orange, and red.

K: This area of the abbey is walled off from the rest of the buildings. The wall is 12’ high and made of plastered and white-washed stone, like the rest of the abbey. The only apparent opening in this wall is the gate.

L,M,N: These are far enough away from the blacksmith's shed that I'll hold off until you describe what you want to do.

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 59/59, F +11,R+8,W+13

"Nargon, you can see magic, right? Are these eyes painted on the white building or the guesthouse magical?" Girgal asks, feeling a bit unease.

[sblock=ooc]
used Spells: Detect Magic, Enhance Wildshape, Spirit Jaws, SNA4.

Spot+15, Listen+17

Ripclaw has:
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+13, Move Silently+9
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin Rockhammer Dwarf Rogue2/Enchanter6, AC20FF17T15, ASF 5%, HP44/44, F+4,R+8,W+5; Words in dark orange
Rajah Al-Qadim Human Dread Necromancer 8, AC20 FF18 T12, HP50/50, F+6,R+6,W+8; Words in yellow

OOC: Please describe what appear to be four pillars in front of the Blacksmith's shed? Do they have any apparent purpose?

Rhun

First Post
"Nargon, you can see magic, right? Are these eyes painted on the white building or the guesthouse magical?" Girgal asks, feeling a bit unease.

"Yes, I possess that ability," says the orc warlock with a nod. He turns his gaze to regard the eyes painted, and again his eyes begin to glow like hot coals.

Detect Magic on the eyes, and anything else in view.

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: I don't see any description of the pillars in the module. Ignore them; they don't exist.

Nargon scans the painted eyes and the surrounding area. He doesn't see any magical auras other than the party's.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: :D Bevin's more powerful than I thought! He can ask one question and make four pillars disappear forever! :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads